The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > Kevin's First Big Mistake.

Kevin's First Big Mistake.

1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. 2
  4. All
John Button on both side of politics is held in high regard.Kevin Rudd has elected to visit Kate Blanchette in hospital instead.Surely a brief visit to Kate would have surficed while Kevin paid respect to a man who gave so much to the Labor Party.

It does not auger well for party unity or the lack of good judgement displayed by this man who seems to be over awed by Hollywood glitz.

It does make me wonder if Kevin fully comprehends the importance of the the job which the Australian people have laid at his feet.The whole ring to the theme of his public persona is shallow eg,K07,a rolling barage of cliches,and the 2020 Cricket Summit.It sounds like image has won over substance.

The whole scenario has flavours of the Gough Whitlam fiasco,with the movie stars pushing public/political agendas of which they have no experience or expertise.

It has been 5 months since Labor has taken office.Other than giving more power to the RBA,what has Labor done or planned to address the problems of infrastructure and the waste and mismanagement of our Labor State Govts?
Posted by Arjay, Sunday, 20 April 2008 10:23:17 PM
Find out more about this user Visit this user's webpage Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Arjay it will come but this is not the mistake you crave.
In fact it is clutching at straws to claim it is polls shout of a continuing decline in conservative ratings.
And of further comfort with Kevin Rudd, it must come both a new direction for conservatives and a slip from Rudd.
But your thread is not unlike Liberal comments both in the house and the Medea direction less carping without structure or true worth.
Posted by Belly, Monday, 21 April 2008 5:44:49 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
A simple question for you Belly.Do you think that Kevin should have attended John Button's funeral?

Kevin may have won the attention of the airheads with his populist appeal,thus the election,but I see no real policy initiatives eminating form the Labor Party that gives me any faith in their ability to tackle the hard issues.Unemployment must be on the rise since he has just taken $20 million form their budget so reliable and frequent statistics are now in doubt.

They talk about taxation reform,does this mean an increase in the GST,or are they actually going to decrease taxes.With all the left wing noises about social equality,I think it is the former scenario.

I don't want to see Labor fail since that will only hurt us all,but looking at their past track records does no inspire me one iota.I'll just apply the blow torch to the belly [pun intended] to make sure they're awake.
Posted by Arjay, Monday, 21 April 2008 7:20:25 AM
Find out more about this user Visit this user's webpage Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Of course Kevin should have attended John Button's funeral - but JB would turn in his grave if he knew what Kevin was up to.
Sorry Belly but Kevin is about publicity opportunities for Kevin.
Posted by Communicat, Monday, 21 April 2008 8:09:07 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
As I understood it, Kevin visited Kate in hospital for 10 minutes, whereas the funeral was a 3 or 4 hour affair including flights to and from Melbourne.

Therefore it was not a simple case of one or the other. I would imagine that taking half a day out of the Prime Minister's schedule is not done often, but a 10 minute visit to someone can be easily accomodated.

But good to see you making an effort to find out why first, rather than just start bagging him out straightaway.
Posted by Countryboy, Monday, 21 April 2008 10:03:25 AM
Arjay

No, Kevin’s biggest party’s mistake was to mislead the public two or three weeks out from the federal Elections. I can assure you they won’t forget it.
On ABC Landline Kerry O’Brien presenting the ALP policies to the Australian and international public that he had more correspondence regarding the barbaric treatment involved in the live Animal Trade than any other topic.

He went on to say under a ALP Government they would be forced to consider the public out cry and insist all Animals were slaughtered in Australia.

So many people voted for him on his pre election promises.

Within weeks of being elected he booted Kerry O’Brien and gave it to somebody else - you guessed it supporting live animal exports and protecting the few people in the industry that of course make donations to political parties.

Since then in outrage the world has united at the arrogant lies.

RSPCA and world wide people have come together in outrage at this betrayal. =

I remember hearing Rudd say= I won’t be banning live exports. My family was involved.

I understand these things! We say Do you Mr. Rudd? And what would THAT be? Money before Humanity? Lie to the public?

Take a LOOK at these pictures Kevin RUDD and know the Shame you are bring to this country.

YOUR family may have approved but as you WELL knew the Australian pubic said it must be banned.

That’s the reason you got Kerry O’Brien to mislead the public ISNT IT.?

We who are from QLD know your track record especially regarding Animal Welfare and anything sensible to do with farmers.

You’re no more a farmer than I am a poly. I couldn’t sleep at night with all the bull told.
So it’s the milky bar kid - who’s not short of a quid that has made his biggest mistake.

http://www.handlewithcare.tv/au/index.asp

http://www.horsepoint.com.au/portal/alias__horsepointau/tabID__3435/ArticleID__2910717/DesktopDefault.aspx
Posted by People Against Live Exports & Intensive Farming, Monday, 21 April 2008 11:38:27 AM
  1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. 2
  4. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy