The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > National Laws And Policies

National Laws And Policies

1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. All
National Laws And Policies

Australia has been divided for too long and separated by red tape and different state standards. There are so many areas that could be unified like a national drivers license, national employment qualifications and national laws. And yet it seems common sense is ridiculed by politics only adding a detrimental effect.

Our population is only small and yet we have to contend with this irregular situation time and time again. For the first time in politics for many years I feel the government now has a chance to put things right and get on track with National systems in place rather than all the uneven red tape scattered throughout all the states.
Posted by picman2, Friday, 18 April 2008 9:03:36 AM
Find out more about this user Visit this user's webpage Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Would I have to accept Victorians as being Australian?
fluff4
Posted by fluff4, Friday, 18 April 2008 10:31:43 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
No, we plan to secede.
Posted by Vanilla, Friday, 18 April 2008 10:47:14 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
...and the railway lines.
Are they still different gauges? Terrible for defence. Shocking if they are. I wonder if anyone cares.
Posted by Gibo, Friday, 18 April 2008 12:26:56 PM
hi to all te forgotten australians

just wanting you all out their to get behind us forgotten australians and get the state of new south wales and other states to have the senate inquiries

the forgotten australians report august 2004 and the second report protecting vunlerable children in institutional care and out of home care , march 2005

we are real victims of rapes and abuse of which occurred through out the states run institutions of new south wales and australia

the australian goverment and the state leader of new south wales is well aware of these inquiries and still today will not addmitt to the truth of what we suffered as children who were being abused raped sodimissed made slaves for the purpose of the goverments gain and also useing us children for the illeagle activities within these institutions

also the goverment says you can obtian your juvenille records either from d.o.c.s. or the juvenille justice centre , well i rang them this week both of those places and told me they have no records of me ever being in these places

yet i have actual court documents to prove i was also records from the institutions of which were obtained in 2001,2002,

yet i was told on the phone by these two departments that no records exsist of me being in these places

this is how much the state of new south wales and that of the australian goverment are covering up the rapes and abuse that victims like me suffered while in state care ,

give justice to us victims

regards huffnpuff
Posted by huffnpuff, Friday, 18 April 2008 12:38:01 PM
Dear picman2,

What you're suggesting makes perfect sense, but I'm afraid it's going to be some time before any of it happens.

We may have to become a Republic first - because unless I'm mistaken -
our federal laws are still governed by the High Court - which is still
accountable to the Privy Council in Britain. (We're still a British colony).

Only after becoming a Republic - can we then start ironing out the
States.

And my goodness - there are so many laws to deal with.

But first things first...

Good idea though...
Posted by Foxy, Friday, 18 April 2008 4:43:46 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy