The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > Road Work Sites

Road Work Sites

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. Page 3
  5. All
I certainly agree that there are some blockheads out there, in all aspects of roadworks management.

In 2001 I made of series of detailed written complaints to Main Roads about issues at a number of roadworks sites. I received back a letter saying that I had some valid points. But that was about the end of it. I continue to see just the same sorts of problems. Nothing changed.

I have on a couple of occasions stopped and spoken to workers or foremen about glaring problems with safety / signage, that could very easily be fixed up. But of course, they weren’t interested.

I stopped in at the Broadsound Shire office in St Lawrence one time, after passing through an absolutely stupidly managed hazard zone where the council was mowing the highway roadverge. I spoke to a Mr P. Odorico, who simply wasn’t interested in my concerns about safety or how the situation could have so easily been remedied. He started repeating himself over and over; “we are managing that particular issue according to the legal requirements” end of story, he just completely shut out my concerns about safety. He became quite obnoxious.

I made a complaint to the council in writing about his unacceptable response. The council wrote back fully supporting him.

And so it goes. There is some rank stupidity out there….. mixed in with a lot of very average management…. and occasionally a bit of particularly good management.

Anyway, I’m off out onto the open road on a botanical trip for a week. I’ll let you know of any unsatisfactory roadworks that I encounter.

Cheers (:>)
Posted by Ludwig, Saturday, 12 April 2008 8:10:04 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Hope you enjoyed the trip by the time you come back the thread will be asleep so while I think of it.
Never forget white wash is cheaper than accountability, I have seen 3 deaths yes fair dinkum because of failures in traffic control .
All covered up, first young new flagman leaning on a truck talking to the driver 10 feet from his position, saw road blocked and ran into position.
First car stopped second did not driver of first died there on the road.
twice a government Koala bear, bosses mate totally protected saw deaths as a result of third grade policing of the wrong traffic control plan.
you will not get justice if white wash can be used sorry but contracting our management of government enterprise may be the answer.
Posted by Belly, Saturday, 12 April 2008 3:46:53 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Thought I might twist the tail of the thread one more time POT HOLES!
Came to me today while driving in the never ending rain.
Blokes on the road filling the same potholes they filled yesterday in the rain, back tomorrow to do it again why?
Well our highways are built and maintained to a system called the Californian highway construction and maintenance system, yes indeed.
Flexible pavement that is the key , the road flex's and it must or it will shatter, potholes are a sign the road is failing.
The repair must flex or it fails so it is not filled with say concrete it would expand that failure all around the edge.
Hence the little dab will do ya flexible filler.
Not expected to last but if it stop's raining maybe it will, for a week.
We have more roads than most country's but less than 5% of Americas tax dollars thats why we breed more potholes.
Posted by Belly, Tuesday, 22 April 2008 9:15:30 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. Page 3
  5. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy