The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > Friday....but SUNday is a coming....

Friday....but SUNday is a coming....

1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. 2
  4. All
Easter.... many things have been said about it, but of all of them (aside from the Biblical account) this messages is probably the best.

Dr. Campolo tells how he preached the perfect sermon, perfect in every way. He had taken the congregation to the heights of glory. And as he sat down beside his pastor, Dr. Campolo patted him on the knee and simply said, "Top that." The older black pastor looked at him and said, "Boy, watch the master."

"Some things are so good, I would give almost anything to have been the one who said it. But I didn't. It's still far too good not to share." (Blogger)

http://www.worshiphousemedia.com/index.cfm?hndl=details&tab=MM&id=4505

Is Jesus a Republican or a Democrat? This message is also of great value. (what 2 major issues divide them?)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m584z5aE4Uc&feature=related

This bloke is so down to earth and practical..GINX will even like him....(I may be living dangerously here :)

Bottom line, we define so much of our history and life (consciously or unconciously) in terms of the events of 2000 yrs ago, so, perhaps at least once a year it's of benefit to reflect on them.
Posted by BOAZ_David, Friday, 21 March 2008 5:31:51 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Dear David,

"May The Lord Bless You
And Protect You.
May The Lord Smile On You
And Be Gracious To You,
May The Lord Show You His Favor
And Give You Peace."

Numbers 6:24-26

Happy Easter to you and your family...
Posted by Foxy, Friday, 21 March 2008 3:21:37 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Amen and back at ya Foxy :)

At Belgrave today we sang "GLory glory halelujah, our God is marching on"

"As Christ died to make men holy, let us live to make men free"

etc... Oh how I would be blessed to sit at the feet of Pastor Lockkridge who originally preached the 'Sunday' sermon..and to listen to his other wonderful contribution to the Body of Christ "Thats my king"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=upGCMl_b0n4
Posted by BOAZ_David, Friday, 21 March 2008 5:18:15 PM
Easter blessings Boazy to you and yours (and not forgetting Kitty Kat.)

Now promise me you wont sing that dreary "Onwards Christian Soldiers" hymn over Easter?
Posted by dickie, Saturday, 22 March 2008 5:01:24 PM
"Onward Christian Sooooldiers.. marchin on to Dickies place" :)

aah..but our weapons.. are love, and warmth of heart... you cannot defend against those.

Of course at this point (if they bothered to read this thread) I will be reminded by 'certain suspects' of every mean thing I've ever said :) well.. that's how it goes.

Dickie.. I truly hope you will discover the real Jesus through the pages of the Gospels.

The Jesus of history, the Christ of faith, the "Jesus Christ", King of kings and Lord of lords.

I was thinking today, about what makes a strong team.. or army or tribe.. 'ideas'.. self belief..and/or a common faith or focus.

The strength that we receive from Christ is the Holy Spirit.
The 'fruit' of the Spirit is:

love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness and self-control. Against such things there is no law.

I just cannot see a downside to that... it's all good. It also shows that the central idea of Christianity is 'positive' rather than negative.

Well..that's my little 'preach' for Easter :)
Posted by BOAZ_David, Saturday, 22 March 2008 6:16:56 PM
Happy Equinox.
Posted by Jack the Lad, Tuesday, 25 March 2008 12:25:25 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. 2
  4. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy