The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > Are Americans about to subvert Islam?

Are Americans about to subvert Islam?

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. Page 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. All
LOL A bunch of non-muslim debating translations of the Kuran.
Posted by StG, Thursday, 6 March 2008 8:14:43 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Well StG I've had many non-Christians - especially Muslims - try to tell me what the bible really says.

In fact a central tenet of Islam is that the koran actually corrects certain aspects of the bible. There's a case of non-believers "correcting" someone else's holy book on a grand scale.

One of the beauties of living in a free society is that we are all free to debate whatever we like. If you do not agree with our conclusions that's OK too.

However, the thrust of this thread is that MUSLIMS at the grass-roots are beginning to re-think Islam.

So what's your point?
Posted by stevenlmeyer, Thursday, 6 March 2008 8:40:47 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Steven,

I read the article in the link you provided.
Sounds like the author is genuinely attempting to draw the line between the spirit of the Islamic faith and the bad habits imposed on Islam by the arabic culture. Which is a necessity to reform and modernise Islam and every other religion have gone through.

As a muslim I support her efforts, not sure where did the statement of 'Muslims are rethinking Islam' come from?

An old wisdom came to mind: light a candle, support someone lighting a candle or keep cursing and mocking the darkness.

Peace,
Posted by Fellow_Human, Thursday, 6 March 2008 4:23:51 PM
You all know how i think! America! Your powerful, and there's only one race that will win the end! and we will all be brown in colour. Let me give you a fact! I know as well as you know, we are running out time, and you know it. You can not pull a world together went it's not ready. Evolution on any level, takes a long time, and i ask you, religion! is still not out of the minds as yet, and its still a powerful tool, in which powerful people,, still use as a lever of control. Come on people! Cant you see it yet!
Posted by evolution, Thursday, 6 March 2008 10:10:34 PM
Hello FH,

It's been quite a while since I was here. But in a way it does not seem all that long ago... simply because nothing much have changed - You are still very much the way you were, never failed to present a soft sell of your religion, ever conscious of defending your godhead.

It's your responsibility to do that as a tru believer, agree?

So, are you saying it's only the fault of Arabic culture that Islam looks bad?

Also, I see your statement "As a muslim I support her efforts" is a subtle pretense that true Muslims support Islamic reform and modernisation. Sorry for being cynical again. But I believe I know your nature quite well.

Just in case you wonder, I stuffed up my user profile, after a long absence. But this is still very much yours - GZ Tan.

GZ Tan
Posted by gz, Thursday, 6 March 2008 10:11:48 PM
It's not the only thing you stuffed up. The link to your website doesn't work.

(I'm always keen to see what makes people tick..)
Posted by Ginx, Thursday, 6 March 2008 11:06:15 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. Page 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy