The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > Don't Apologize For Me!

Don't Apologize For Me!

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. Page 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. ...
  9. 12
  10. 13
  11. 14
  12. All
ginsyd

Good For you and thanks for speaking out. I was listening to talk back radio while driving a few months ago just before John Laws retired.
He was speaking with a lady much like you who was outraged that her family were being made to look as if they had been involved in some evil act when if fact they saved her life.

She said I wont have my Mum and Dad insulted by history this way.

Now by history all those wonderful foster Mums and Dads that did the right thing and provided food shelter and love are being insulted.

What about those people. Kevin Rudd has got himself into a mess making silly promises and dragged up lots of new trouble along with it.

This is why Howards said no apology because it was a slap in the face to the aboriginal people themselves in many ocassions.

I also dont think money was the 'only' motive. I think with Bush UK and eventually Australia one day being listed as war criminals this will be used as icing on the cake.

It would be interesting to find out where this apology idea really generated from.

I think long term politically its a very wise move if you happen to be on the wrong team that is.

Kevin Rudd made this promise to get elected. Yes other countries have said sorry but Australia is the only one with war criminal down the track going to be tagged with US and UK isnt it.
I can see real trouble in many years to come by this being done.

Its certainly not going to help all the peoploe like ginsyd is it.
Posted by People Against Live Exports & Intensive Farming, Saturday, 9 February 2008 8:04:50 AM
Find out more about this user Visit this user's webpage Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
I felt the original statements to be common and even feral katheedavis and somewhat Byron Bay.
They showed the lack of love that many of the commoners seem to have for the aborigines.
I think youve believed the lie that aborigines are no good and we shoudnt bother with them.
Youre nippers feeling the same is just an extension of your own heart. Theyll say anything you prompt them too.
Posted by Gibo, Saturday, 9 February 2008 9:24:08 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
I have no problem saying sorry for things that actually happened. There have been so many lies and things made up by the whites and blacks that it is hard to know. What we do know is that many of the 'forced removal of Aboriginal children from their families continued until the 1970s' that CJ Morgan speaks of were rescued from abuse rather than stolen. Maybe a few more white and black children need to be 'stolen' today to save them from households full of drug and sexual abuse.
Posted by runner, Saturday, 9 February 2008 9:27:43 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Patrols in the Northern Territory and Nearby Patrols in Central Australia (Western Desert)

http://mc2.vicnet.net.au/home/pmackett/web/patrolwas.html

examples:

(1) National Archives of Australia CRS F1/0 Item 1960/320

(a)Report on Patrol Lake Mackay Area June / July 1957

(2) National Archives of Australia CRS F1/0 Item 1962/1843

(a) Report on Fieldwork west of Papunya June-July 1962

(b) Desert Pintubi contacted 1962/1963

(c) Report on Patrol west of Papunya August 1963 by Jeremy Long

(d) Report on Patrol west of Papunya April 1964 by Jeremy Long
Posted by polpak, Saturday, 9 February 2008 1:22:47 PM
polpak

Thanks for those links. All these factual files only point to rescue rather than stealing. Good to see some one has done some honest research.
Posted by runner, Saturday, 9 February 2008 2:23:12 PM
So Katheedavis wasn't aware that Rudd had assured us that he wouldn't be apologising for us, but he would be apologising for government.

All of the usual smart arses put her down, of course, but good on her for raising the issue. I knew that Rudd wouldn't be appolgising for me, but it makes no difference to the fact that the whole thing is a politically motivated, pathetic, gutless sop to a minute portion of the population who should be getting on with their lives - not wallowing in woe. There are many aborigines who have moved on over the past 200 years or so, and they must cringe at the stirring of aboriginal big shots continually whining about how bad they've got it, while there are people in remote camps who can't even speak English, the first requisite for success in Australia.

The time for all of us to be sorry is when we cop the cost of this nonsense, knowing that we will be handing out money indefinitely to people who should be doing something for themselves
Posted by Leigh, Saturday, 9 February 2008 2:40:16 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. Page 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. ...
  9. 12
  10. 13
  11. 14
  12. All