The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > Should we only have Atheists Judges and for Jury duty

Should we only have Atheists Judges and for Jury duty

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 6
  7. 7
  8. 8
  9. Page 9
  10. 10
  11. All
Wisofaus
I hope I have spelled that correctly. Yes it did work well overseas. I regret I have been absent and look forwarding to going into that side of the debate upon my return.
For now thanks for your comment. Demos Also.
Rache- Silly comment- but perhaps if religion was floowed in law you have a point. She should have been!

David Atheist foundation of Australia
Thank you for your comment. In hindsite perhaps I should hyave waited to post this thread as it is inmportant to not only myself but our members.
It is without a doubt one of the most difficult tasks we face when trying to acheive any sort of justice in such cases.
Mandy the goat case is only one of many.
I have both spoken in person and recived a letter in way of formal reply from the Minister of that Church involved.
I have tried to appeal- or get someone to appeal the matter but I suggest we may be running out of time also.

I will post the letter from the parrticular Church leader where the goat was buthered to death.
But still= Surley the Church could have and should have appealed this themselves without being chased.
No to go to court with the defence the chirch forgave is insulting.
For the court to give any consession because of it is criminal.

Its time courts woke up and we need to highlight the adverse effect
religion has in our legal system.
Posted by People Against Live Exports & Intensive Farming, Monday, 21 January 2008 11:08:30 AM
Find out more about this user Visit this user's webpage Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Philo,

<<Please identify for me what Government or Party policy writer in Australia has proposed that we do not engage atheists or only engage Christians as Judges or on Dury duty?>>

There probably aren't any examples of that. But that's irrelevant.

This one suggestion from one particular individual, is pretty insignificant if you’re attempting to paint an entire group of people as 'bigoted' - which is exactly what you were doing here:

<<With these types of attitudes society should be extremely concerned because these types of obsessive unbalanced people if in power would administer injustice and bigotry.>>

I could generalise the entire Church with far more examples of bigotry if you’d like? All kinds of bigotry, from entire organisations - not just one person.

We could start with the fact the Christian Right in the US has so much influence and power, that it makes it impossible for anyone to be elected President if they admit they're an Atheist.

Nice try, Philo. You though you had me there didn’t you?
Posted by AJ Philips, Monday, 21 January 2008 11:38:35 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
BOAZ_David

Ah Little buddy Boaz.

I tell you what I do like about you Boaz unlike Philo.

That is you have been the only so called good Christian to stand up and say = Well ah yes something is wrong with this or that and it needs fixing.

You also have the courage of your convictions by not being scared to stand up on a soap box [ quite litterally] at times and have a say.

You also do listen `at times`.

I tend to pick on your hero David[ Steve Feilding] not because I want to upset you but because I honestly can not see what you see in him.

Dont you think its even possible that you just sort of follow these guys like Fielding because you consider its the loyal thing to do- One Chistian to another type thing?

Trust me when I say= I have met him in person and tried to get a reply in writing for FOUR Years!.

He just isnt! as you imagine David and I suspect your a hell of a lot more sincere than he is.

I would bet on it.

However David after saying that I agree with Morgan in so far as we need people who can THINK FOR THEMSELVES.

Which is why we need the law free from any Church influence or religion.

A court of law should have no higher powers or influence hanging over its head.

Philo unlike David you are not a good christian in my view. For Example.
I recall you having the nerve to call Muslims cruel and blame them for live animal exports.

When I pointed out to you that it was the cruel Australian Christians that were even more reasonsible by sending them you denied denied denied.

No Morgans got a point David just you look at the Philo types lerking around all the womens business threads.

Stone the crows how would you like to be a rape victim who had a termination and had someone like that on the jury.

Pretty scarey stuff David you must agree.
Posted by People Against Live Exports & Intensive Farming, Monday, 21 January 2008 9:03:16 PM
Find out more about this user Visit this user's webpage Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
People Against Live Exports & Intensive Farming,
For your information I have served on several Duries. One a rape case as a member of the Jury. The Jury unanomously aquitted the accused as the supposed rape was a cover for a pregnancy from a casual affair with a friend in the accused delivery van while the husband was away for three months. She actually got into the van deliberatly to have sex with the accused. Her claim was to ward of the anger of her husband. So in this accusation she lost the trust of the two men in her life
Posted by Philo, Tuesday, 22 January 2008 11:28:01 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
I have said it before and I will say it again= Your a sick sad sorry case.
Even if your story were true[ Which I do not for one moment accept]] you would 'not be' a gentleman to discuss the case.

You have just enforced my above comments.

I bet the guy got off with `you` there. Of course the accused would say the victim got into the van of her own free will you idiot.

How in the hell would "you know" what really happend.!

This is a perfect example of what I mean by having relgious nuts anywhere near courts.
Yes its always the womens fault isnt it.

Your strange attitude towards women are a matter of record all over this forum.
That includes your stupid alligations of murder simply because a woman excersises the right to choose to have or not have children.

Just as well we dont have courts sitting on that on a daily basis.

No relgious fruit cakes involved with courts at all is what is required.

Oh BTW this was about the goat that was slaughtered
Posted by People Against Live Exports & Intensive Farming, Tuesday, 22 January 2008 5:29:28 PM
People Against Live Exports & Intensive Farming,
Here again we have you making accusations without evidence, and bigoted conclusions based on your prejudice. You do not deserve a response. Obviously I hit on a raw nerve previously too close to the truth so you make wild ascertions.

The World ought to know who you are because you are a real danger to a cizilised democratic society.
Posted by Philo, Tuesday, 22 January 2008 5:53:23 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 6
  7. 7
  8. 8
  9. Page 9
  10. 10
  11. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy