The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > Should we only have Atheists Judges and for Jury duty

Should we only have Atheists Judges and for Jury duty

1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. ...
  7. 8
  8. 9
  9. 10
  10. All
Hi All.
I thought I would post this now because I a away for a week. Give our mate Bozzie time to build a defence. [Hi buddy ]

With all the conflict in religion and arguments over who is right or
wrong [according to which ever `good book` one reads]- it kind of makes you wonder if at times justice isn’t really being over looked.

A few months ago in Queensland Brisbane a child’s pet goat was stolen.

The little girl’s beloved pet was named Mandy.

Mandy was taken to a Church where she was slowly butchered to death as a joke according to the forty plus woman who was the offender.

Judge Costello allowed this woman to walk free with no goal no fine and no recorded conviction against her name.

It seemed that the ‘Church had forgiven’ her.

Nobody even bothered about the seriously distort little girl or what Mandy went through.

They would have laughed if you said this woman maliciuosly tortured and mudered Many. Yet that is what happend.

I have also noted the Premier of QLD the Police Ministers office all have this unspoken understanding that oh well `the Church forgave her`.

Reading other cases involving murder of people and crimes abuse, or bodily harm this seems to at times be a pattern or cop out.

So I am wondering would it not be wise to have a dury in serious cases that are all Atheists.

At least that way people like the little girl who lost her beloved friend Mandy and ‘Mandy’ herself may get some justice.

Quite frankly I don’t forgive this woman along with just about everybody else I have spoken to.

So how can a court or Church give this murdering cruel woman a free ticket in the name of `any religion`.

Lets ask the Atheists to step up and use their common sense to help keep some morals in our system and courts.

I say not in my name do I agree this woman should have walked free and keep “your religion out of the courts.”
Posted by People Against Live Exports & Intensive Farming, Sunday, 13 January 2008 9:17:41 AM
Find out more about this user Visit this user's webpage Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Sounds like the case should be appealed and the woman's mental stability determined.
Posted by Oliver, Sunday, 13 January 2008 9:56:49 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Oliver

Thanks for your comment.I agree.

She did not claim any mental set back and it was just accepted as a bad joke and she was sorry. It was put down to `poor judgment` and much made of the fact the church where she took it to had "forgiven her"
. I assume they also meant for the mess- after she broke in.

Clearly IMOP someone knew the church leader and went light on her. I think it was a local woman.

The AT says he cant appeal The Police Minister office say it must come from the Police Commissions office[which would sound right to me]
The police Commissions office said because it was heard in the Magistrates court and not the district court they cant.

The QLD Premier doesnt want to know about it and Kevin Rudds advisor was informed at the time it was happening and Kevin Rudd was in Brisbane that day.

Its also only fair to say that the head of the church did say later that it was awful and he wasnt happy she got off either.

However that said=- Surley the Church has a duty to yell scream and appeal demand and set an example.

To be honest if we had not contacted him outraged! I am sure they would not have said even much in my own heart.

As for this Magistrate Costello he needs to stand down because RSPCA have worked so hard to demand the laws that are in place are enforced and idiots like these put back their efforts every day of the week.

I am away for a week from early morning
thanks Again for your interest in this matter.

I honestly think we need religion out of our legal system to get justice!
Lets face it the Church cares little for Animals anyway.

http://www.livexports.com/hughwirth.html
Posted by People Against Live Exports & Intensive Farming, Sunday, 13 January 2008 11:24:02 PM
Find out more about this user Visit this user's webpage Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
so, who should dispense justice? aside from you and me, that is..

you seem to think judges are god-like creatures, who can be relied on not to have the weaknesses of ordinary mortals. not so, in my experience.
Posted by DEMOS, Monday, 14 January 2008 7:13:13 AM
No I think religion should not over rule justise and common sense
That is what the thread is about.
It should be above any book= It should be fair= clear= and dont you think thats a bit much Demos.
The Church forgave her so the judge lets her walk
Off now-
Thanks for your comment and reply in a week or so.
Posted by People Against Live Exports & Intensive Farming, Monday, 14 January 2008 7:21:05 AM
I honestly think we need religion (and superstitution in general) out of our entire society to get justice, not to mention a huge number of other desirable outcomes. But making rules that are actively prejudiced against believers is unlikely to be the right way to do it (though it must be said, it appeared to work surprisingly well in some Communist countries, such as East Germany, where religious belief reportedly dropped as low as 9%. But totalitarian communism is far too high a price to pay for the eradication of organised religion).
Posted by wizofaus, Monday, 14 January 2008 7:26:53 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
  1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. ...
  7. 8
  8. 9
  9. 10
  10. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy