The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > Inspirational talk

Inspirational talk

1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. All
Hi,

Just wondering if you can help me with a project I am working on.

As a Grad Engineer you are attending a seminar aiming to inspire you and empower you in your career. Who would you like to hear give an inspirational speech on the subject?:

A) Adam Spencer. Presenter; voted "Best speaker in the world" at the World University Debating Championships; ambassador for the Fred Hollows Foundation.

or

B)John Moore. Educator, entrepreneur. Someone that delivers leadership programs for young people throughout Australia, NZ & Russia.

Thanks heaps everyone!
Posted by Jess2007, Tuesday, 8 January 2008 3:13:16 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Dear Jess,

Personally I'd go for the best...
And I like the fact that he's associated with the Fred Hollows Foundation.

The other guy sounds too "big bucks" orientated (Not that there's anything wrong with that). It's just a personal choice.

As Santayana puts it in one of my favourite sonnets:

It is not wisdom to be only wise;
And on the inward vision close the eyes.
But it is wisdom to believe the heart.
Posted by Foxy, Tuesday, 8 January 2008 6:30:16 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Jess,

My first reaction was exactly the same as that of Foxy. Then, however, I re-read your criteria which was that you were hypothetically looking for inspiration in your post-grad career.

So I realised that though No.1 would be my personal choice, Number 2 would more aptly fit the stated criteria.

So, yeah, Number 2 it would be.
Posted by Romany, Wednesday, 9 January 2008 12:26:13 AM
if you need a motivational speaker, you're in the wrong line of work.
Posted by DEMOS, Wednesday, 9 January 2008 6:42:34 AM
Find out more about this user Visit this user's webpage Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
  1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy