The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > Alleged BindiIrwin.Com Cybersquatter attempts to Sue Media Giants!

Alleged BindiIrwin.Com Cybersquatter attempts to Sue Media Giants!

1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. All
To Terry O'Gorman regarding BindiIrwin.Com and Political domain beatups in press.

Dear Terry,
I was wondering if I have a case to sue the newspapers over their write ups about me recently. My name is Wayne Smith and I have been savaged by the media for doing nothing legally or morally wrong.

http://www.smh.com.au/news/technology/bindi-website-squatter-abhorrent/2006/10/05/1159641438737.html

I emailed the Irwins manager offering to transfer the BindiIrwin.Com domain over to Terri Irwin for free weeks before the Sydney Morning Herald published an article calling me "abhorrent" and a "Cybersquatter". I did not get an immediate reply from Australia Zoo and preferred not to pester Mr Stainton over this as the family was grieving and he was busy with the memorial service arrangements. He later acknowledged getting that email.

The article also falsely claimed I was was anti-jewish and my message board was linked to anti-semitic sites. I used to have a political discussion forum at the board which ofcourse had some heated discussion topics but it had been closed before I gave the board a wildlife theme. Not that there is anything wrong with running a political forum anyway. This reporter had dug up a closed forum with no links to it from the main board.

A couple of days prior to that Sydney Morning Herald story I contacted a reporter who forwarded a note via the Discovery Channel. I thought that the office of John Stainton might have been overwhelmed with email from well wishing supporters and I was later told I was right. I recieved a confirmation email from the female reporter that my offer to transfer it over free of charge had been forwarded on.

Continued.....

http://projectorion.proboards28.com/index.cgi?board=everything&action=display&thread=1160610375
Posted by WayneSmith, Thursday, 12 October 2006 9:58:11 AM
Find out more about this user Visit this user's webpage Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
I've been getting a number of emails asking me what I plan to do with the money if I win which seems a likely outcome since its an open and shut case of defamation. Accusing an innovcent man of trying to "profit from Steve Irwin's death" and calling him abhorrent for doing Australia Zoo a favour is clearly beneath contempt. I've already explained my intentions over at my message board but forgot to mention them here. My share of any money awarded by the courts will be given over to charity. A retraction in the newspapers concerned and the opportunity to teach a few writers a lesson in truthful reporting is all I will enjoy out of this. I haven't decided which charities yet. Perhaps Wildlife Warriors will be one of them. That would be rather ironic.
Posted by WayneSmith, Thursday, 12 October 2006 2:51:17 PM
Find out more about this user Visit this user's webpage Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
I dont know that you will get much help from Terry Wayne.
Do you have a web page with a link to contact details for you?
There is somebody for you who enjoys that area of work That might like to talk to you?
Posted by NedKelly, Monday, 23 October 2006 4:14:10 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
  1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy