The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > Flames of Hell

Flames of Hell

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. Page 3
  5. 4
  6. All
An individual on a road block made a bad decision, no doubt under pressure from people needing, wanting, to be allowed to journey.
In the days of advanced communication it appears to be an outrages decision. An enquiry is indeed needed, not necessarily one that blackens the decision maker, rather the lack of information and its availability.
Did the decision maker know there were explosives on trucks?
He already is trying no doubt to come to terms with the error in allowing the vehicles to travel, was it because truckies pressured beyond endurance so he let em go?
We all have been held by lolly stick men later to find it was just a power exploiting exercise and had little effect on safety.
In the interests of safety an enquiry if instigated need not have blame as its objective, but safety.
fluff4
Posted by fluff4, Saturday, 5 January 2008 8:49:49 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Regarding the cacofonix/daggett issue:

I have acknowledged elsewhere on OLO that the account 'cacofonix' is the account of a friend who lives nearby who uses the Internet at my house.

I mistakenly posted using a different browser (Epiphany) which had a cookie set for 'cacofonix' rather than the browser I normally use (Konqueror) with the cookie set for the account 'daggett'.

After I realised my mistake, I decided, that rather than complicate the discussion by adding posts as 'daggett' as well, to, instead, continue posting as 'cacofonix' using the second browser. There was never any intention to mislead anyone or to flood the discussion with posts from two different accounts from the same user purporting to be different users.

Of course, as we have learnt, this was noticed by another OLO user, who had previously engaged in a long acrimonious argument with me, which started simply because I had once asked cacofonix to make a post on my behalf to get around OLO's limits.

Although no other OLO users was left in any doubt as to the true origin of that post, this was held by that user to have been fraudulent.

The complainant revealed his true motivations when he wrote:

"If I was you I'd quit before the site moderators wake up to you". (http://forum.onlineopinion.com.au/thread.asp?article=6482#96724)

In other words, he was more interested in preventing my participation in the discussion, than in honesty.

I also ask to be judged in the light of my wider contributions to OLO and the web in general and not be judged purely on the basis of one or two perceived misdemeanours.

If anyone wishes to look at the whole time-wasting argument in order to be able to form his/her own judgement, please see the forum in response to the article "Privileged 'whites'" at http://forum.onlineopinion.com.au/thread.asp?article=6482#96360&page=0
Posted by daggett, Saturday, 5 January 2008 9:58:43 AM
Find out more about this user Visit this user's webpage Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
'Did the decision maker know there were explosives on trucks?' (Fluff4)

Hi Fluff4. There is a national code for the transport of dangerous goods. All trucks (or trains) must be labelled with the appropriate codes strategically and clearly visible on the truck's exterior.

http://www.une.edu.au/hrs/handbook/04/04.15C.doc

"He already is trying no doubt to come to terms with the error in allowing the vehicles to travel, was it because truckies pressured beyond endurance so he let em go?"

Perhaps so Fluff4. However, police blockades are rarely breached by citizens who are in a hurry to get home. It simply is not permissable. I understand your empathy towards the ones who made this fatal decision, nevertheless they are representatives of an agency charged to protect the public.

And so hopefully, out of bad, comes good.

However, while not relevant to the bushfire tragedy, the DEC are the regulatory arm of the EPA who are charged with determining environmental assessments - often, it appears, to appease persuasive industries and to nurture the political and financial atrocities committed by politicians, or government agencies which have supposedly been established for the welfare of citizens and the environment.

Generally environmental assessments are determined by the science on this subject. How can one be influenced by ethics-free lobbyists over a scientific assessment?

It's estimated that Burke's government in the 80's (WA Inc) cost taxpayers around $600 million - money generously paid to that government's cronies for services not rendered.

I wonder how much the current Corruption and Crime Commission's investigations will cost this state for the ongoing, improper conduct of public officials who continue to deny all the evidence of impropriety and will, no doubt be free to conduct their "business as usual"?
Posted by dickie, Saturday, 5 January 2008 10:24:26 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
James Sinnamon/cacofonix/daggett/olduvai/et al: "... 'cacofonix' is the account of a friend who lives nearby who uses the Internet at my house."

Yeah right, James. You're digging yourself deeper again - so you inadvertently pretended to be your friend when you referred dickie to your website? I suppose 'olduvai' is yet another friend who uses your computer as well. What a complex online life you must lead.

'Oh what a tangled web we weave,
When first we practise to deceive!'
Posted by CJ Morgan, Saturday, 5 January 2008 11:16:11 AM
CJ Morgan,

Why do you think I would be concerned in the least whether or not you or not you choose to believe me?

Bye.
Posted by daggett, Saturday, 5 January 2008 1:00:32 PM
Find out more about this user Visit this user's webpage Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Update:

http://www.news.com.au/perthnow/story/0,21598,23013575-2761,00.html
Posted by dickie, Sunday, 6 January 2008 3:16:17 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. Page 3
  5. 4
  6. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy