The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > Flames of Hell

Flames of Hell

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. Page 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. All
Thank you so much for that advice Cacofonix.

I intend to utilise and also alert my associates to those links.

It's also heartening to discover that there are other discerning citizens who share similar concerns.

Of course when debating these serious issues, one must endeavour to avoid the rock apes.........!
Posted by dickie, Friday, 4 January 2008 12:14:58 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
cacofonix/daggett/olduvai/James Sinnamon/ et al: " If it's true, so what?"

Just trying to keep you honest, James. Lying seems so habitual to you that you probably aren't aware of how it affects your credibility.
Posted by CJ Morgan, Friday, 4 January 2008 12:42:31 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Of course you are right, CJ Morgan.

The whole future of OLO, or, indeed, of our very liberty, may well depend upon your ceaseless, untiring efforts to make cacofonix/daggett/olduvai/James Sinnamon/Kim Jong Il/Fallout Boy/attila/Groucho Marx/Kanga/moomintroll aware of how their dishonesty "affects (their) credibility".

So, whatever anyone may say, you cannot allow yourself, even for one moment, to relax your vigilance.
Posted by cacofonix, Friday, 4 January 2008 2:00:30 PM
Dickie ,

What's the Rules for trucks carrying flammable chemicals and explosive materials into an area where a fire is burning ??

I have noticed that the very busy Calder Highway just north of Melbourne has huge pine forests on both sides and I would suggest that unless someone takes responsibility to make this section safe it is quite possible for a tragedy to occur in the future .

The Black Forest area is already notorious as a fire "black spot".
Posted by kartiya jim, Friday, 4 January 2008 6:55:39 PM
Dear Dickie,

The situation does sound appaling in WA from what you describe.

Perhaps a Royal Commission into the activities of the DEC may be the way to go?
Posted by Foxy, Friday, 4 January 2008 7:21:16 PM
Hi Kartiya Jim

I know of no guidelines for transporting chemicals or explosives through areas when bushfires are occurring.

However, on the issue of last Sunday's bushfire, these truckies were guided by the DEC authorities and given directives which these truckies unwittingly, and to their detriment, accepted as safe directives.

There are people in this state who express sympathy for the authority who sent these truckies to their death - claiming this was simply a "tragic lack of good judgement." I cannot be so benevolent in my criticism and continue to believe this was an avoidable tragedy. Chemicals, explosives and bushfires are a dangerous combination.

http://www.theaustralian.news.com.au/story/0,25197,22992954-2702,00.html

Hi Foxy

In the early eighties, there was a royal commission into the shabby dealings of the state government in WA. Premier Brian Burke went to gaol.

The cost of the Royal Commission saw the people of this state cough of some $30 million, including Burke's legal fees.

After his second stint in gaol, Burke and former Minister Julian Grill, formed a company to lobby government officials on behalf of various industries.

Last year, The Corruption and Crime Commission conducted an enquiry into the influence these two have had over public officials. The outomes have been astonishing for most citizens of this state though several of us were well aware of corruption and officially protested but were dismissed as "nutters."

Indeed it was gratifying to find that our assertions, which the media printed prior to the CCC investigations, were vindicated, despite the threat of litigation from these thugs.

The influence Burke and Grill had (and I believe still have) over the decisions made by seniour bureaucrats and politicians proves beyond doubt that regulators in this state have no regard for public health or the environment.

http://www.theaustralian.news.com.au/story/0,25197,22560769-5006789,00.html

http://www.theage.com.au/news/business/activists-tip-a-bucket-on-big-companies/2007/08/15/1186857593122.html?page=fullpage
Posted by dickie, Saturday, 5 January 2008 8:45:06 AM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. Page 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy