The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > ignorance (feel free to refer to personal experience to illustrate response)

ignorance (feel free to refer to personal experience to illustrate response)

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. Page 4
  6. 5
  7. All
And socrates said (in response to the oracle at delphi's claim that none were wiser than he) that he was wise only because he knew that he did not know and this made him wise
Posted by thecat, Friday, 21 December 2007 10:58:44 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Thank you, thecat and all others, I've enjoyed reading your comments.

Merry Christmas to all of you!
Posted by Celivia, Friday, 21 December 2007 11:41:44 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Thecat ,
We have just had four inches [100 mm] of rain in about Four hours, on top of an inch yesterday!

Cattle marooned,Dams and house tanks full and overflowing .

Parched red-gums and black box trees are having a decent drink at last .

It's been the biggest rain here in at least 20 years .

Didn't know it was coming and the funny part of it is that some farmers didn't want it ! That's not us .

Thank the Lord the multinationals have't got hold of the weather .

Have a great Christmas and a Happy and mind stimulating New Year and thanks to OLO, The Forum and the writers .
Posted by kartiya jim, Friday, 21 December 2007 9:46:51 PM
I think there are many truths ,the two biggest are life and death.They are also the greatest mysteries.
Posted by mickijo, Saturday, 22 December 2007 2:19:49 PM
For every action,there is a reaction. This can be or is applied throughout the universe.Whether we talk about our mind our physical being,the things and examples which are created by nature and its offspring.As a reaction to "every action there is a reaction" one should look at chopping down a tree, it reacts by falling down and dying. If we didn't know what could happen we could thru our ignorence be smashed to smitherenes.We have the knowledge to foresee the future but have forgotten the knowledge to use and apply it.Lobsang Rampa discribed it beautifully, we all have this wave of knowledge above our heads, we can grasp it and pull it down if we want it.There is heaps of ancient knowledge all pointing out to nature and survival of the fittest. My answer would be to that, look after your progeny and health and protect others from harm,whether physical or mental.Just as a Xmas greetings and warm wishes to everyone I'll show you this cartoon: http://www.newstarget.com/022411.html
Posted by eftfnc, Monday, 24 December 2007 11:46:52 AM
Find out more about this user Visit this user's webpage Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Surely, thecat, it depends entirely on what you know and don't know, and don't know you don't know or don't want to know that you don't know? I mean, do you really want to know that you spelled whether wrongly? Or would it foment great tribulation within the confines of your cranium?
I suggest you make a list of everything you don't want to know, and stick to it...
What I would like to know, Celivia, is what Pilate also wanted to know... What is truth?
Posted by ybgirp, Monday, 24 December 2007 9:34:23 PM
Find out more about this user Visit this user's webpage Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. Page 4
  6. 5
  7. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy