The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > i've got a little list...

i've got a little list...

1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. All
..of things to do which, if labor accomplishes them, would allow me to hope for oz's future. in the first term:

1. put a rugged, light weight laptop in the hands of every schoolchild child, for free.

2. adjust immigration to 'no increase'.

3. create a universal carbon tax applicable to every device and commercial process.

4. train enough electricians to install solar cells on every rooftop in oz in a ten year period.

in the second term,

5. install an electricity buy-back scheme similar to germany's, with a full-cost low-interest loan, to get domestic energy off our footprint.

6. announce a "we're done with war" policy, withdrawing from any treaties for mutual defense except with enzed.

there, see- i'm not a monomaniac. no mention of democracy, which i confess, is too hard for you. maybe your children, if they survive pollie rule...
Posted by DEMOS, Sunday, 25 November 2007 5:09:42 AM
Find out more about this user Visit this user's webpage Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
my editor function has been whinging about pay and conditions lately, maybe 'schoolchild child' is a hint i should squirt some oil in that direction.
Posted by DEMOS, Monday, 26 November 2007 5:44:41 AM
Find out more about this user Visit this user's webpage Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
"I've got a little list,
of people who would not be missed"-G&S
1. Ruddock.(Pillock!)

I would like to see my civil rights and privacy returned.
I would like to see 'freedom of information' "free" and available.

I would like to see the "War on Terror" not to be a war on our democratic/international rights and justice system.
I would like to see us talking to Terrorists about their fears and concerns rather than shooting them.

I would like to see a government that was accountable to the people and could not get away with abuses like spending a 1/4Bil$ on "advertising" in one year. Or using public assets like Kirrabilli house as their own personal property.

I would like to see us building some of our own military hardware ($10Bil Spanish Boats, $**USA Paper Planes?)

I would like to see us buy back Telstra and get back our first world communication system.

I would like to see us paying the dole to kids to go to Uni or Technical college full time. (Perhaps we could ask them to agree to spend x years working in Australia, before going to the US to make more money.)

I would like to see teachers- pre-school infants, secondary,uni- tutors- salaries doubled.

I would like to see every kid in Australia able to learn a musical instrument or sing.

I would like to see nurses salaries doubled.

I would like to see doctor's salaries halved perhaps by training thousands and flooding the market (remember supply and demand curves*)

I would like to see a free dental system for the poor and pensioners.
TOO MANY WORDS SEE PART TWO I COULD GO ON FOR DAYS
WHY CAN"T I USE QUESTION MARKS*(There are only three) WHAT HAVE YOU GOT AGAINST PUNCTUATION*
Posted by michael2, Monday, 26 November 2007 11:30:55 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
PART TWO
I've got a LITTLE? list

I would like to see a number of billion dollar "Future Funds", where the recipient could only spend the interest/investment income on the money. So eventually it would become self funding
I would give these Future Funds to:

1 The ABC for drama (employment for our wonderful actors and film makers), international& country broadcasting and current affairs.
This would take the ABC out of the political arena once and for all (As Sir Humphrey would say "a brave/courageous" move?)

2. Tasmanian University for a state of the art medical training facility.(Country students can't afford accommodation in cities)

3 UNSW for a state of the Art Alternative energy Technology Centre.
3 Sydney University for nanotechnology
4. NSW Hospitals.
5 Technical Education.
6 etc

There are so many. . .Perhaps we could have a yearly lottery as long as the 10Bil$ + Budget surplus continue. (We now pray for the health of the Chinese Economy)

Mostly, I would like to be proud of being an Australian, not cringe as many overseas now do.
Posted by michael2, Monday, 26 November 2007 11:34:15 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
All wishes granted!!
Fluff4 alias Father Xmas.
Posted by fluff4, Monday, 26 November 2007 1:54:35 PM
Ditto that Fluff4. 'Cause they've been good and deserve it!
Posted by Foxy, Monday, 26 November 2007 2:30:19 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy