The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > Who is the most active member on this forum?

Who is the most active member on this forum?

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. Page 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. 7
  9. 8
  10. All
Nepotism and mutual admiration societies do not auger well for our survival.This is what Iemma NSW does on a daily basis.Would you want to go there?
Posted by Arjay, Saturday, 17 November 2007 9:00:47 PM
Find out more about this user Visit this user's webpage Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Top-ten countdown for the qualities of a good poster:

10. Can spell
9. Can write in grammatical sentences
8. Can write an entire post without SHOUTING
7. Writes about stuff s/he actually has thought about
6. Reads the other posts in the discussion before posting
5. Has a sense of humour
4. Engages in discussion rather than indulging in polemical rants
3. Acknowledges the worth of opposing views
2. Refrains from personal attacks
1. Treats the other participants in the discussion with respect and where appropriate, admiration.

Ludwig's conduct in the long discussion about Chris Hurley http://forum.onlineopinion.com.au/thread.asp?article=5586&page=0 impressed me as displaying most of these qualities. A poster named Snout http://forum.onlineopinion.com.au/user.asp?id=27225&show=history also shows similar qualities. Regrettably he hasn’t appeared around here for a while.
Posted by jpw2040, Saturday, 17 November 2007 10:17:56 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
many points well made... in fact who would have thought that an opening like Angela's would lead to such a valuable post as JPW's ?

Perhaps I've been a bit too frequent.. and should lay low for a few weeks ? :)

blessings all.
Posted by BOAZ_David, Sunday, 18 November 2007 5:43:01 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
No do not leave BD! if we read that post a few of us will shuffle of out the door head down on our chests.
It is however rather pretentious in parts.
Grammar? mum used to cook a pie made out of it didn't she? spelling? it is my spell checks fault!ruddy thing should have known! it said heard I meant herd!
Come to think of it my spell check is over worked it needs stress leave.
I have met thousands of people since that day as a kid 12 years and ten months of age that I walked out of school.
Learned far more in the next few years in workplaces far from mum and dad reading every thing I could lay my hands on.
Some of the best educated people never understood much of the world at all.
Can not spell the word but it sounds like paradigm it reminds us in a group intent on solving a problem , it may well be the person who sweeps the floor that finds the long lost answers.
We have great posters here, some constantly remind me they do not agree with much I say ,but I place some of them close to the best we have here.
Remember this, we are not all alike, if we divide ourselves into groups based on how we say things not what we say we divide indeed.
While self confidence is a worthy asset it is often miss placed.
Regards all
Blley!
Posted by Belly, Sunday, 18 November 2007 6:43:44 AM
“It is however rather pretentious in parts.”

I’d be more inclined to say pompous than pretentious. Don’t worry, Belly, my tongue is firmly placed in cheek.

I wanted to put in “Stays on topic”, but since I was going off-topic myself, I decided that might be a little too impertinent.

Thinking still about the best posters around here, I have to say that I really miss Steve Madden, who honoured many of my proposed good qualities by ignoring them: http://forum.onlineopinion.com.au/user.asp?id=23339&show=history
Posted by jpw2040, Sunday, 18 November 2007 7:05:51 AM
Thanks jpw and Foxy.

Woops, when I reread my earlier comments (“someone who doesn’t spend all day every day on the damn thing and posts only good meaningful stuff”), it sounds like I was slanting it at Boazy, given that he was mentioned earlier. I wasn’t. It was just a general comment.

Boaz isn’t part of the furniture of OLO, he’s a couple of walls and half the roof.

So yes Angela, Boazo gets my vote as the most active member, certainly over the life of this forum, and probably also in the short term. He’s put up over 4400 posts!! I don’t think there is any other contributor with over 2000.

Onya David.
Posted by Ludwig, Sunday, 18 November 2007 8:04:14 AM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. Page 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. 7
  9. 8
  10. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy