The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > Choice between good and bad? Choice between bad and worse?

Choice between good and bad? Choice between bad and worse?

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. Page 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. All
A cop out from what?.
Posted by StG, Friday, 16 November 2007 7:54:46 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Don't insinuate it if you don't have the guts to say it.
Posted by StG, Saturday, 17 November 2007 6:57:27 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Freediver wrote;

“Well obviously you have to make some kind of choice. Turning up to the polls and saying 'screw it, I hate all politicians, give me another beer' isn't exactly fulfilling your civic duty is it?”

Yes it is fulfilling your civic duty if you think that no party deserves your vote, or that you can’t vote for a minor party or independent without risking your preferences counting where you don’t want them to. You have a legitimate choice to vote for no candidate. You should NOT feel obligated to vote for the least worst if you think they don’t deserve your vote.
Posted by Ludwig, Saturday, 17 November 2007 8:32:18 PM
A cop out from making a decisions.

StG I did say it.

Ludwig voting is not about saying who 'deserves' your vote, but who should run the country. If that means voting for whoever you think will do least harm, then so be it.
Posted by freediver, Monday, 19 November 2007 11:53:09 AM
Find out more about this user Visit this user's webpage Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Freediver, of course you have a legitimate choice to vote for whoever you think will do least harm.

I wrote;

You should not feel OBLIGATED to vote for the least worst if you think they don’t deserve your vote.
Posted by Ludwig, Monday, 19 November 2007 7:20:19 PM
Yes you should. It's your civic duty to participate in democracy. That includes choosing the lesser of two evils. We cannot shy away from tough decisions. Would you want to leave the decision making in the hands of people who actually support one of the two bad options?
Posted by freediver, Tuesday, 20 November 2007 3:30:40 PM
Find out more about this user Visit this user's webpage Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. Page 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy