The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > Peter Costello - our next prime minister?

Peter Costello - our next prime minister?

1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. 7
  9. All
John Howard says he won't stay the full term if re-elected. What do we know about Peter Costello? Will he make a good Prime Minister if the Coalition should win the next election?

What say you?
Posted by Foxy, Tuesday, 13 November 2007 2:12:01 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
The man, my dear, has the personality of a brick.
Posted by StG, Tuesday, 13 November 2007 3:25:23 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
O.K. - name any Liberal Prime Minister that you think was charismatic?
Well, maybe Menzies - at a stretch? Or Holt? (the women liked him at least - right). But gee whiz, Gorton, McMahon, Fraser(?), Hewson,
now Howard... and Costello ...

Then on the other side - Gough Whitlam, Bob Hawke, Keating, - (whatever your politics - these men - you couldn't ignore).

So I guess it depends what you're looking for in a PM - the personality of a brick, or charisma? right?

Me - I'd settle for someone who could give a straight answer to a question and didn't lie to me.
Posted by Foxy, Tuesday, 13 November 2007 6:02:58 PM
I like his quick wit and acid tongue.A bit Keatingish perhaps,but Peter would detest that analogy.The women can't stand him which I find puzzling.One thing you can be sure of,he will run a tight ship and never let our economy crash as it did under Keating and Gough Whitlam
Posted by Arjay, Tuesday, 13 November 2007 7:02:00 PM
Find out more about this user Visit this user's webpage Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Foxy, I don't like much of what I've seen of him but suspect that he would do a good job. On some issues he has expressed differences of view to the current PM which I've agreed with.

Hard to see him winning an election as opposition leader but given time in the job he might convince us.

On the other hand how many would vote for a party with Julia Gillard as leader? She may need a similar scenario to prove herself.

R0bert
Posted by R0bert, Tuesday, 13 November 2007 8:10:48 PM
Foxy

“Will he make a good Prime Minister if the Coalition should win the next election?”

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!! !! !! !!
Posted by Ludwig, Tuesday, 13 November 2007 9:00:44 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. 7
  9. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy