The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > Does Pope Benedict defend child molestors?

Does Pope Benedict defend child molestors?

1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. 2
  4. All
http://www.noorullah.org/2006/10/03/pope-benedicts-real-face/
Posted by DDAN, Wednesday, 4 October 2006 7:47:24 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Apparently. I read about this in the paper. He claims that vatican papers are being taken out of context and rulings designed to defend confessionals are being used misleadingly. But the Church has a bad record when it comes to covering up for 'RockSpiders'.

Probably best I don't comment any further but I will. I see all religions as essentially evil and responsible for most of the wars throughout history. Any person who claims to know the will of super intelligent and infinitely more advanced beings is either on drugs, mad or a con artist. The wealth of the Vatican tells me they aren't mad but I don't know about the drugs.

They are definitely con artists though.
Posted by WayneSmith, Wednesday, 4 October 2006 8:43:38 PM
Find out more about this user Visit this user's webpage Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Wane I don't agree with you that all religions are evil.
Posted by DDAN, Wednesday, 4 October 2006 9:21:08 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
sorry for wrong spell of your name: wayne :)
Posted by DDAN, Wednesday, 4 October 2006 9:26:53 PM
Wayne,

I don't find your argument compelling when there has been a much more extensive track record of media sensationalism and a recent track record of the BBC misrepresenting the Pope.
Posted by mjpb, Thursday, 5 October 2006 10:42:51 AM
I don't criticise people for having religious beliefs, only for trying to force those beliefs onto others. And I don't criticise people for having strong feelings of spirituality.

But there is so much substantiated evidence of paedophile activity and systematic cover ups within the Catholic Church, over long periods of time and in various parts of the world, that it cannot just be passed off as media sensationalism. [I realise that paedophile activity is not limited to the Catholic or to any other church, but it's the Catholic Church which is being discussed here.]

One of my friends a while ago was a well known WA investigative journalist who did a series of in depth articles on Catholic Church related paedophilia. I asked him how people who professed to have a strong belief that their actions were seen by their God and that they would eventually be called to account for those actions, could possibly prey on children in such a depraved manner. He told me they believed that, as long as they confessed, then that put them in the clear.
Posted by Rex, Thursday, 5 October 2006 11:48:02 AM
  1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. 2
  4. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy