The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > Is Polygamy the next Western 'reality'

Is Polygamy the next Western 'reality'

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. Page 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. All
F.H. Mormons are not Christians... they are a cult.

How the heck did Benny Hinn enter this discussion ? SHOOO Benny !
I don't like his style at ALL, and consider him something of a charleton.... (Leap of Faith/Steve Martin)

Did you notice I said in my last post "Doctrine aside" ?

I was speaking down to earth common sense, and backed it up with some scriptural narratives.

Again..how did '9th century propogranda' get into this ?

Its as plain as dogs balls on a grasshopper that a man over 50 with existing wives and who marries again to a 9 or 15 or 18 yrs old, is going to be more sexually interested in HER than in the 'old wrinklies'... so, in the Islamic case, its just plain unjust, unfair and wrong and against the supposed law of Allah.

I am aware of some small groups of non mormon people calling themselves Christian, advocating polygamy, they are fruitloops :) to use a term often applied to me. Refer all the above regarding them.

Also, on topic, do you mean 'legally' or 'socially' in terms of next reality ?

Rob, having already been burned with 'one' r u wanting to be burned by 2 or more ?

F.H. just out of curiosity, why did you raise this topic ? Are u thinking of demographic or conversion trends re Islam ? come on..out with it or I'll push the bamboo further up under your fingernails :)

P.S. stop telling me I'm angry. Passionate anti-Islam does not translate to Muslim hater *slap* :)
Posted by BOAZ_David, Wednesday, 4 October 2006 2:39:50 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Christians are not Jews... they are a cult.

Jews are not Zarathustrians... they are a cult.

And so on, ad absurdum.
Posted by Dewi, Wednesday, 4 October 2006 2:47:07 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
BD, no current plans in that direction but then it might be nice at times to have another bloke around the house if he was someone I got on well with. On a more serious note I do have a strong interest in promoting a society where people keep their noses out of other adults bedrooms, lounges etc.

I suspect that there a whole lot of things which would be difficult for someone raised in our culture in a polywhatever relationship. There are also some things which might work well. Easy to get child care, share the chores etc.

I would hope that the wife might save some for her aging husband because of the bond and affection between them and not wear herself out with the yound stud she has brought into the marriage, if not there is probably not much to the relationship anyway.

The sagging belly and wrinkles may not set the pulse racing but intimacy with someone you care about has it's own merits. Is that worse than the current all or nothing approach which tears so many marriages apart?

R0bert
Posted by R0bert, Wednesday, 4 October 2006 3:18:10 PM
Boazy,

Its arrogant of you to say who is Christian and who isn’t. If you can hold your anti-Islamic obsessive grudge for a second you might understand my post.
I was talking about polygamy as a social trend in secular societies. If today’s society allow same sex marriages, what argument do we have against consent based polygamy?
(PS: I believe except for the Catholic and Orthodox church, remaining churches do allow same sex marriage, please correct me if I am wrong).

As for your insults to prophets (Mohamed and Solomon), it’s an Islamic belief that we are all witnesses on each other on judgement day. I will be on the witness stand (maybe sitting next to your keyboard:):)) on judgement day.

Dewi,

I saw the wisdom of your comment and that is we should not judge each other. Happy to stand corrected if I misinterpreted.

Robert,

I was attending an iftar with few friends that included a number of Muslims and non-Muslims and many new reverts (we don't call them converts). For the reverts, the negative 'boogey man' picture of the prophet is what intrigued them to start learning about Islam 3 years ago. So as dishonest as Boaz is, I started thinking maybe there is a wisdom there.

Peace,
T
Posted by Fellow_Human, Thursday, 5 October 2006 10:26:34 AM
My observation, over many years, is that there is so much insecurity, jealousy and lack of self esteem in both men and women, that many monogamous partnerships can't be happy and/or last. Some of this jealousy etc may be justified, some not, but there is no denying that it exists in possibly epidemic proportions.

So how many people could happily and comfortably be a willing part of a polygamous relationship, regardless of its make-up?
Posted by Rex, Thursday, 5 October 2006 12:11:50 PM
Wow.. you are a cheeky possum arn't u :)I maintain that a man cannot possibly love equally 2 women. One WILL always feel neglected.

Posted by BOAZ_David, Tuesday, 3 October 2006 4:38:10 PM

Wow...you are a patronizing old fart aren't u :)
Does this assertion also imply that a man cannot possibly love equally 2 children? If not, why should a person be able to love 2 children equally but not love 2 adults equally. Or, if you maintain that inequality is inevitable in all multiple relationships and a deal-breaker then, according to your rationale, people should also be legally restricted to one child because if anyone has 2 children 'one will always feel neglected' and that is enough to make it unacceptable.
Posted by Rob513264, Tuesday, 10 October 2006 7:43:36 AM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. Page 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy