The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > What do Bin Laden and Julia Gillard have in common?

What do Bin Laden and Julia Gillard have in common?

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. Page 4
  6. 5
  7. All
I read the thread again about 3 hours ago, really do not know why, it has become light and frothy, not true debate, my view.
The last post made it fact in my mind, but I have some insight into ALP policy and it got to me, why not tell it like it is?
Julia Gillard, as stated not my favorite Polly, see my early posts here saying she would not be part of the leadership team.
And my rebuttal of the thought she can ever knife Rudd and take over the leadership.
That thought says in shouted words those who make the claim have zero understanding of the ALP.
And those who admire Gillards brain and guts out number those who do not.
In fact much to my annoyance far too many think she can lead, bury it! no left wing faction person can ever lead the ALP.
Rudd is from Labors right, Gillard is a balance.
Time will tell how well each handles office, but surely they both are more likely to be in government than Howard?
Shallow unsupported views, finding faults that are not there are unlikely to change voters minds.
My concerns about Gillard are not as a result of personality or bitchiness.
Not blind to reality, she will in all probability do well, she may change factions yet again.
But her intelligence is unquestioned
I have sat and heard Julia tell an IR conference what amounted to an backdown of ALP policy about workchoices.
She lost me that day, reform by all means but fair go mate has meaning too.
Posted by Belly, Tuesday, 2 October 2007 6:28:00 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Be nice - I like Julia Gillard.

And I think she is rather a snappy dresser as well.
Posted by PERIWINKLE, Tuesday, 2 October 2007 9:29:30 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Periwinkle
Ok point taken I guess.
Umm can you tell us what or why you like her?
Its ok for Belly to say he doesnt think she would challange KR for the top job Should he be elected- but that doesnt give us a lot of comfort and the rumours been around far too long.
For the life of me I can not see why the public would vote ALP with Hospitals the way they are but lets say they are misinformed enough and we did end up with ALP in State and Federal.
How can you assure us she wont do what they always do and what they did to Kym?
Why shouldnt we be worried?
Dear God I couldnt think of ANY worse.
Its scary to the very bone.
I think I would head for NZ. I would not mind that woman running Australia but not Julia.
So ok be nice you like her. Fair enough , fair enough but why please?
Apart from the fact you say shes a snappy dresser.
I have noticed snappy but never noticed the clothes.
She just seems totally arrogant and ill manered to me. Emm even very savage. Well I am trying to be nice but as you see its not happening because I am being honest.
Perhaps you can change my mind by telling us what you like about her.
Perhaps we ARE wrong?
Posted by People Against Live Exports & Intensive Farming, Wednesday, 3 October 2007 8:55:46 AM
Find out more about this user Visit this user's webpage Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Dont agree People Againt Live Exports- I think she is kind and even tempered and would make a very good leader if in fact she decides to take that path eventually.

So lil buddy we have to agree to disagree.
Posted by PERIWINKLE, Wednesday, 3 October 2007 4:37:20 PM
Periwinkle, how could you!
I have to grit my teeth in order not to scream every time Julia opens her mouth. Same goes for Kevin...
And that phrase "working families" - it is as if the rest of us contribute nothing...for the record Julia (if you happen to be masochistic enough to read this) I did 81 hours in the last 7 days because there were a couple of crisis situations in the international arena. I was paid at about 30c an hour = direct thanks to Paul Keating.
Posted by Communicat, Wednesday, 3 October 2007 5:40:46 PM
Periwinkle
lil buddy
cute name.
Oh I see now. Well ok if you say shes kind little buddy I will give her a call ah?
Tell you what could be worse than family first Steve Fielding.
Talk about arrogant. Hey Perwiwinkle whos giving preferences to whom this year. Are the good christians Rudd and Julia supporting FF etc?
Fair dinkim we ought to open the athiest party at least we may get some compassion for animals.

Is Julia a bible basher Perriwinkle? She doesnt look it.
I mean that in a nice way.
She looks like at least she would tell you straight without the need to hide behind the churches code of silence regarding such things as animal cruelty.

Mind you she also looks as if she might just be the girl to give old Bin L a touch up too.
At least shes not hiding out like that grub.
Posted by People Against Live Exports & Intensive Farming, Thursday, 4 October 2007 5:01:25 AM
Find out more about this user Visit this user's webpage Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. Page 4
  6. 5
  7. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy