The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > Getting beyond grief stricken countries

Getting beyond grief stricken countries

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. Page 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. ...
  8. 10
  9. 11
  10. 12
  11. All
It's a problem the world goverments need to address urgently.

Funding organisations are being set-up randomly, the majority of the needy is yet again in Africa, North and Central Africa are permanently on the role, yet countries for the likes of South Africa are new to the needy scheme, due to the government themselves!

South African government are the culprits who promised too much at a time when the country is going through change and not being in a position to meet the needs of it's country after promising the world, they actually planned for future help from outside, yet still they spend money and prep for a world event in 2010 before looking at it's peoples situation first. Millions starving, homeless, street children and I'm not just talking black people here like the media are making the world believe. It's becoming outrageous! I wish someone with a bit of clout, would put their foot down and re-direct Africa as a whole, look at the African continent and look at who is leading the various countries on that continent, that are suffering, hell..look at Zimbabwe, surely some high-up international power has the right to stop any particular self rightious president in his tracks?
Posted by SPANKY, Sunday, 23 September 2007 5:21:34 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Ginx,
As usual you are being utterly ridiculous.

The population of these countries needs to be tackled by birth control measures. That is the problem governments and the world aid agencies need to address.

But you could be right in one respect. If population controls are not undertaken soon then one death every 10 seconds may well become a reality.

Difficult as it may be for you to not act stupid, why not try for once to show just a little sense. The subject is people starving.
Posted by Banjo, Sunday, 23 September 2007 7:00:07 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
As much as it hurts to say it, I agree with Ginx. Famines in Africa usually have more to do with gov'ts than it does with population.

The 'WORLD IS COMING TO AN END' because of 'TOO MANY PEOPLE' issue is a new religion for the half eductated greenie.

Most African nations are run by warlords and strongmen and providing aid relief in those countries is very difficult. So called 'Administration Costs' are a constant feature of doing business in those countries and no aid would get through at all in some places without this greasing of the wheels.

By and large Aid agencies are staffed by competent, caring individuals who's primary motive is to help the poor and disadvantaged. If you begrudge paying for their wages, maybe you should get off your ASS and try and disrtibute the Aid yourself.

Aid agencies provide some of the few paying jobs to locals in these countries as well. This is another way of injecting money into the local economy to keep things rolling.

I personally would be in favour of 'bringing' democracy to some of these countries by force. But the soft-left would prefer them to be oppressed and starving, than do anything which might possibly be considered politically incorrect.
Posted by Paul.L, Sunday, 23 September 2007 8:53:24 PM
Paul.L: "I personally would be in favour of 'bringing' democracy to some of these countries by force."

But Paul, can you name somewhere where that's actually worked?
Posted by CJ Morgan, Sunday, 23 September 2007 9:10:46 PM
I'll take stupid over such a callous remark any day BlankJo.

Paully, you can stop the hurting. I think you misunderstood me.
Your little gem on democracy reminds me of the saying: "Be nice to America or we'll bring democracy to your country".

I don't know what the answer is SPANKY. But can I assure you that this hard Lefty is very clearly objecting to these folk being left 'oppressed and starving'.
Posted by Ginx, Sunday, 23 September 2007 10:44:53 PM
Spanky,
This subject has been debated on OLO threads on a few occasions and i think the conclusions have been similar.

If you look at the countries that require all he food aid, you will find they are over populated. That was the case last time I saw the figures. Certainly, measures to improve their food production and reduce corruption in the food distribution chain would help.

But if the basic problem is from over population, that must be tackled if long term benefits are desired. Birth control is necessary and should begin in the countries that are the least sustainable food wise.

I have never advocated reducing food aid, but the world cannot feed itself adequately now and this will only get worse with growing population.
Posted by Banjo, Monday, 24 September 2007 9:10:39 AM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. Page 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. ...
  8. 10
  9. 11
  10. 12
  11. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy