The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > Iran's Nuclear Weapons Project

Iran's Nuclear Weapons Project

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. Page 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. 7
  9. 8
  10. All
Netanyahu knows what he is doing. He has been given an opportunity to deal with Iran once and for all; and he doesn't take advice from amateurs, including Americans, who haven't won a war for nigh on a century. The last time they did, they used two atomic bombs. Do it to them before they do it to you is the way to go.
Posted by ttbn, Thursday, 10 October 2024 7:16:51 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
"Do it to them before they do it to you is the way to go." The rantings of a crazy man, fortunately he is powerless to do anything from his comfortable surrounds of the back blocks of South Australia. Then again he could drop a load of chunder from last night dinner on Iran, and that could set off WWIII.
Posted by Paul1405, Thursday, 10 October 2024 7:39:55 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Hi Paul,

"Nuclear weapons deter no one"

"Remove the weapons and you remove the threat"

How then would you explain Ukraine's surrender of nukes in exchange for peace and protection guarantees, followed by successive encroachments and invasion by Russia?
Posted by Fester, Thursday, 10 October 2024 7:40:26 AM
I wish Australia had nuclear weapons as a deterent. As it is, we don't have a hope in hell of defending ourselves. The apathy of Australians, including those in Canberra, is stunning. And we are stunned. Rabbits in a spotlight.
Posted by ttbn, Thursday, 10 October 2024 8:11:17 AM
Hi Fester,

Nuclear disarmament alone does not prevent war, clearly demonstrated by the number of wars during pre-nuclear days. Fortunately conflicts between nuclear armed belligerents today, India/Pakistan and India/China, has thus far not escalated into total all out war. As I said, when a nuclear armed state believes, rightly or wrongly, that its future existence is going to be extinguished then it probably would resort to nuclear weapons, in a last ditched effort to maintain its sovereignty. You ask about Ukraine, had it retained nuclear capability I believe war with Russia would have still taken place. I also believe it would be far more likely that Ukraine would strike a nuclear blow first against Russia, not that the Russians are to "good guys" as Ukraine's sovereignty is in far more danger from Russia than the reverse, then Russia would have retaliated, and who knows what would happen after that.
Posted by Paul1405, Thursday, 10 October 2024 8:18:09 AM
Good Morning Bezza,

I'm not a military expert however as I stated in my
earlier post - Israel needs calmer heads in its
leadership. Bombing Iran's nuclear program and its
oil sectors I think risks the most dreadful retaliation
from Iran and a third world war. And what would that achieve?

"En eye for an eye, and a tooth for a tooth?"

In this case the risk is - no eyes or teeth will be left
with a nuclear outcome for anyone.

What would I do?

I would listen to my moderate military advisers. Where
the results would not be so disastrous. Former Israeli
Prime Ministers have advised Netanyahu to "Be smart".
And not bomb Iran's nuclear program or its oil sectors.
Hopefully he will have the intelligence to listen for
everyone's sake.
Posted by Foxy, Thursday, 10 October 2024 8:50:25 AM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. Page 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. 7
  9. 8
  10. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy