The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > The shame of Australia's Olympic medal haul

The shame of Australia's Olympic medal haul

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. Page 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. ...
  9. 14
  10. 15
  11. 16
  12. All
Would not be at all surprised about John Daysh, to whom I took an instant dislike, with his robotic posts - more like lectures actually - haranguing everyone and assuming that we would all admire the way he clips his second hand information from “reliable sources”. He is a pain in the nether parts.

As for “this Labor government”: it seems to be introducing tyranny from within, as Aristotle described over two thousand years ago.

Thanks Graham.
Posted by ttbn, Tuesday, 13 August 2024 8:20:02 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Graham,

I didn't think much of John's justification of his belief that a normally operating nuclear power plant slowly poisoned/harmed people living nearby. I thought the justification to be so poor as to be insulting, but on presenting reasons that his claim was highly unlikely, he simply moved to other claims, shifting the goal posts if you will.

There are a number of posters here that go to great effort to justify their views, like AC and Banjo. They don't lecture and I've always found discussions with them to based on ideas and the importance given them. The goal posts are always solidly founded.
Posted by Fester, Tuesday, 13 August 2024 8:56:03 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Graham,

I can assure you that I am no bot. I am John Daysh, 45, from The Gap in Brisbane.

AI detection tools can be too sensitive, particularly when the author writes to a professional standard. Nevertheless, I will dumb things down and get more emotional if it will satisfy you.

Either way, it shouldn’t matter if you have for facts correct. I note that you could not counter what I actually said (LoL!)

Productivity is economic growth, you need to look at the full picture. There will inevitably be dips in short-term productivity numbers might show some dips, but that doesn’t mean that a long-term strategy is rubbish.

The current government’s focus on areas like renewable energy, infrastructure, and skills development is about laying the groundwork for productivity in the future. It may produce immediate boosts, but they’re essential for ensuring an economy that is competitive.

Yes, the graphs and Reserve Bank commentary valuable, but they’re also just one bit. Short-term figures can fluctuate due to a range of factors, and it’s the long-term trends that will ultimately show whether these policies are successful. The goal isn’t just to chase immediate productivity gains but to build a more robust economy that can sustain growth over time.

Increasing productivity isn’t just about quick fixes. (LoL!)

{"dataPath":"null\\data","gamePath":"null","isDirectMode":false,"isDryRun":false,"isPreExtractedData":false,"mergedPath":"null\\mods\\D2RMM\\D2RMM.mpq\\data","outputModName":"D2RMM","preExtractedDataPath":"C:\\Windows\\SMDD\\data\\"}
Posted by John Daysh, Tuesday, 13 August 2024 9:17:43 AM
I just ran an old law essay of mine through http://quillbot.com, and it came out as 88% AI generated. Hahahaha! Good writing ftw! LOL!
Posted by John Daysh, Tuesday, 13 August 2024 9:28:21 AM
Fester,

If you go back and re-read what I said regarding nuclear power plants causing harm to locals, you will see that I addressed your rebuttal directly. It was you who dropped the matter and moved on. I then moved on, too, but without accusing you of shifting any goal posts.
Posted by John Daysh, Tuesday, 13 August 2024 9:36:10 AM
I find Banjo Paterson's posts and now those of John
Daysh's of a very high standard. Both raise the bar
in the discussions they choose to comment. Their
views are always presented in a rational non-insulting
and informative way.

A pity we don't have more contributors like them. Were it not
for people like them - online - opinion - would take a severe
drop in intelligent discussion.

Gentlemen, Keep it coming.
Posted by Foxy, Tuesday, 13 August 2024 10:03:07 AM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. Page 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. ...
  9. 14
  10. 15
  11. 16
  12. All