The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > The great renewable energy paradox

The great renewable energy paradox

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 19
  7. 20
  8. 21
  9. Page 22
  10. All
Sorry, Fester. In all my excitement, I forgot to address this:

//Perhaps that could be a point of discussion between you and your medical practitioner?//

Yes, let's pretend you didn't wait until well after 'One quarter back' needed to be selected to view this thread before you posted a response.

Your shabby and fallacious replies since suggest I was never meant to see your comment on Saturday.
Posted by John Daysh, Sunday, 1 September 2024 9:28:44 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Mark Mills is interesting... trained as physicist, worked as engineer, worked at three mile island during the accident, worked for Reagan as an independent advisor (an Agency that was created under Kennedy).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZXkEgF1I2FA

Says that "there is no energy transition from hydrocarbons" from a volume point of view, there has been a 2% change as a percentage, insignificant in his view.

Also hydrocarbons dominate transport in the world.

Also hydrocarbons are used in making plastic and many other products. (Life itself is hydrocarbons.)

Wood and other biomass still dominates wind and solar by 2.5x worldwide.

There is no real solution to the "network of networks" distribution problems.
Posted by Canem Malum, Monday, 2 September 2024 8:52:59 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
2/3 of the worlds aluminium comes from wood/ coal fired Chinese power stations/ foundries.
Posted by Canem Malum, Monday, 2 September 2024 8:59:17 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 19
  7. 20
  8. 21
  9. Page 22
  10. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy