The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > Britons Finally Put The Trash Out.

Britons Finally Put The Trash Out.

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. Page 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. All
Indy,

Why are you so against the public service? I suspect they caught you out rorting the system, what was it? Claiming the dole while working cash in hand, maybe, nah, you weren't one for work, or did you create a few phantom dependants to get a bit of extra dosh, hummm? Well, whatever it was you sure don't like PS.
Posted by Paul1405, Sunday, 7 July 2024 6:02:23 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Paul,

As per usual, you utterly misunderstand. I'm not lamenting the loss by Sunak. I'm pleased by it. These weren't true conservatives. They weren't true Tories. They abandoned all pretence of good governance in the search for an elusive popular vote and it was good to see they failed. And the main reason they failed is that other parties like Reform UK remained true to conservativism and attracted a sizable portion of the right-of-centre vote.

It is my hope that the right-of-centre parties will now slowly coalesce around a true conservative agenda.

All I was doing was pointing out that the Labour Party had attracted a mere 20% of the electorate and that therefore the path back wasn't too daunting. Do try to keep up.

It is the same way I feel about Australia. While my leanings are generally right-of-centre, since the overthrow of Abbott I've held my nose and voted Labor in the hope that a few years in the wilderness will force the right-of-centre politicians to return to true liberalism rather than the current popularism that masquerades and Liberalism. (note the small and capital 'L's).

I know that for people like you its all about the team. Welfare of the nation? Meh! Welfare of the people? Nup. Victory for the party is all that matters. But I don't care about the team. I care about the future welfare of the nation that my kids and grandkids will inherent. I don't care if the cat is black or white, so long as it catches mice. (Look it up).

BTW Go Swans!
Posted by mhaze, Sunday, 7 July 2024 7:27:57 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
In a sign of things to come, Britain's new PM thinks its possible for a woman to have a penis.

'The Mother Country' is a about to take on a very interesting meaning.
Posted by mhaze, Sunday, 7 July 2024 10:12:03 AM
Hi Paul,

The Brits have made their choice in selecting a Labour
Government. However, I don't envy the job that Labour
now has in front of it. There are many challenges.
And, undoubtedly they will learn that winning is not
enough. It's what you do after you win, that matters.
And what you deliver.

The Coalition, here in Australia still hasn't learned
that it's not enough to just make announcements with
nothing of substance to back up those announcements.
That news headlines don't get results, especially when
the announcements are not followed through and are
forgotten a week later.

It will be interesting to see whether Labour in the UK
will follow through with substance and not just talk.
If they don't they won't last long.
Posted by Foxy, Sunday, 7 July 2024 10:45:36 AM
The Poms (if they can still be called that with all the black faces among them) have kicked out a faux Tory government because it went too far Left, and replaced it with a Labour government which is even further to the Left, and which will go even further again to the Left, as all non-conservative groups are doing these days.

How does that make sense!

Nigel Farage will be handy for a laugh, demonstrating how to drink beer, and being offered milk shakes.

Ye Olde Merry England gets more like a circus by the day.

I mean, what sort of country lets its now ex-Prime Minister stand in pouring rain instead of coming to his rescue with an umbrella!

And, what sort Australians amuse themselves with a country that they want to cut ties with in favour of a Communist dictatorship when our own country and its political class is such a joke.
Posted by ttbn, Sunday, 7 July 2024 10:49:13 AM
One question being asked is, how will the UK deal with Europe, which has gone the other way.

The Scottish SNP has also been gutted.

Looking at the very pasty-faced (he looks ill) Keir Starmer, some might be wondering if both parties, still representing electorates more than 80% white, were punished for having leaders of sub-Continent appearance and heritage.

The word 'Briton' refers only to people of British descent, not the multicultural add-ons to a country.
Posted by ttbn, Sunday, 7 July 2024 11:22:49 AM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. Page 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy