The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > Is NASA a parasite on the global community?

Is NASA a parasite on the global community?

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. Page 6
  8. All
The most ironic thing of course is that while you are denigrating technological achievements and NASA, you are doing it on the INTERNET. Much of the internet is possible because of communications satellites, put there by who? I'll give you a clue, it's not god.

There have been quite a number of cults and groups that believed in the end days in their time. It's been going on for more than 1000 years. Many thought the end days was going to be on around 1000AD!

Keep on believing what you want, it doesn't matter. But it won't stop us having a bit of a private chuckle at your expense of course.
Posted by Bugsy, Wednesday, 26 September 2007 10:48:14 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Thats alright Bugsy, the internet doesnt mean two shillings to me as anything all that important. Its just another thing. I prefer a newspaper letters to editor column as a means of reaching ordinary folk. Im just having a rest from that at the moment. Actually I see the net as a great modern evil what with its bombmakers, and its witchcraft folk and its over 200 million sex sites each one encouraging the sex criminal into bolder and bolder acts of darkness. Like all else that isnt Jesus, the net is going to fall sometime in the not too distant future.
Posted by Gibo, Wednesday, 26 September 2007 11:29:01 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
So, in essence, you're entire argument has been reduced to: science is folly, everybody should just follow the bible.

For a prime example of the kind of people who kept humanity mired in the dark ages, I present exhibit A: Gibo.

Perhaps we should just string up all the scientists who dare to question god...
Posted by TurnRightThenLeft, Wednesday, 26 September 2007 4:16:21 PM
Too simplistic TRTL. No, science is not folly. Much has been done for the good of mankind by science. Medicine is great, but sadly as it progressed men stopped seeking God for healings. Now many are so far into the science/medicine thing they are looking for the easy way out when infirmity comes. Science then becomes God to those who choose that path. God tells us not to bump ourselves off, but to go to Him. NASA's great and glorious outward dream is folly. They embarked upon it without any real common sense... with no regard to God or His Word, Who under those circumstances wont support the great dream...without taking into account the distance and the ability of earth resources to meet the dream. I expect NASA to fall in the not too distant future. Lets see if Im right.
Posted by Gibo, Thursday, 27 September 2007 9:48:12 AM
I like the way you're able to combine UFOs into the picture with your christian views, but it is not my intention to discuss what UFOs are here. Rather just to point something out:

" Genesis makes it clear that God (not chance) created the universe and, consequently, that human beings were intentionally (not accidentally) created by God. Second, according to Scripture, the universe is already quite well populated with intelligent beings; they’re called angels. But most important of all, the incarnation of Christ was the union of God’s divinity with our humanity. Human beings were thereby placed at the center of the cosmic drama, which made no room for questions about the redemption of other intelligent beings (even angels)."

http://www.crisismagazine.com/november2002/feature7.htm

So far from the point that NASA's budget should be spent on something like ending poverty, your line of logic would have us believe that the divine incarnation of human beings on this planet would mean that there is absolutely no point in exploring space, at least for the purpose of furthering our knowledge about how life comes to be, since the only planet with life on it is earth and that is because it is the way god ordained it.

I ask, is it not fear that if this aspect of Christianity is proved wrong then there will be serious doubts raised about the rest of it more of a motivating factor in why you believe NASA should be shut down, rather than the amount of money they are being given?
Posted by D.Funkt, Wednesday, 10 October 2007 4:12:26 PM
The only thing I really said about UFO's D.Funkt was from the Cosmic Conspiracy by Stan Deyo and he was saying, based on his USAF service, and what he saw and heard in the USAF, he believed that the New World Order was building them as part of a deception to present our long-lost ancestors from another galaxy. I dont know if Stans thought has merit. But it sounds possible. I do know from life, "if theres a thief or a deceiver anywhere he will try to sell you a dud vehicle". Men are always trying it on, on other men. This could be a part of the NWO's plan for mankind. We know tech has been hidden by oil companies. Why not some by a sector of an evil One World Government? They already prepare an E-tag/microchip for either the right hand or forehead (Revelation 13:16-18) which the Holy Bible says we are NOT to take (Revelation 14:9-11). They want to watch our every move by satellite! God didnt Give us free will and the freedom we have for an elite to take it off us. I was also saying that NASA is into fantasy. They know they arent going to make it. Christians recognise the time, in Gods Plan for earth, the nature of which you pointed out, simply isnt there. I believe the money might go better into poverty on US streets because no one in the US much cares about the poor apart from the churches and charities. Though the NASA budget is small, its better to use it to help people here, in need now, than on a great outward dream that will never happen. Yes! Why bother with outer space! We are on a dying planet and we need to turn back to it, not look outwards. I guess many of you dont see that, in caring for the world and its people, we are showing that we love. Too much science! Not enough heart!
Posted by Gibo, Friday, 12 October 2007 3:06:38 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. Page 6
  8. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy