The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > Coal-fired Power Stations Being Built RIGHT NOW.

Coal-fired Power Stations Being Built RIGHT NOW.

1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. 2
  4. All
China 332
India 64
Indonesia 19
Russia 13
Kazakhstan 10
Bangladesh 8
Pakistan 8
Philippines 7
Vietnam 7
South Africa 7

This is going on while Australia is intent on closing down its few existing coal-powered stations, switching to very expensive and unreliable renewables, signalling how "good" we are, but ruining our economy and impoverishing our population to pay for it. And, we are still flogging coal to countries wanting cheap power to grow their economies.

What idiots we are!
Posted by ttbn, Saturday, 2 March 2024 8:10:31 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
The book, ‘Dark Ages’ by Mark Lawson reveals another lie told by activists that governments/taxpayers “subsidise” the fossil fuel industry, in their desperate demonisation of the cheapest and only reliable source of electricity.

They do not.

The so-called “subsidies” are either tax concessions available to ALL INDUSTRIES, or refunds, also available to ALL INDUSTRIES.

Nothing like handing money over to the rich foreigners who are exploiting our stupidity now that their con tricks have caught up with them in the more enlightened and smarter northern hemisphere.

Instead of the government paying the “dreadful fossil fuel producers money to keep going, as the term ‘subsidy’ implies, they are just collecting less tax”.

Even the ABC ‘fact-checking’ lackey, RMIT, admits that claims by Green activist Bandt were “overblown”.

In 2019-20, the industry actually paid about $40 billion to state and federal governments in taxes and royalties. Ironically, the activist campaigns against new fossil fuel projects have increased the government ‘take’, thanks to rising prices.
Posted by ttbn, Sunday, 3 March 2024 7:49:58 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Hi ttbn

The last I heard the renewable energy industry was being subsidised to the tune of 7 billion dollars a year and federal government expenditure on going zero carbon was 25 billion dollars a year. I think that mp summed up the renewable energy industry precisely as charlatans and snake oil salesmen. That Australia faces an economic collapse from the pursuit of renewable energy is unsurprising with an energy minister who learned his pronunciation from The Simpsons.

The irony is that the 25 billion dollars per year alone could see Australia's entire grid powered by nuclear energy in about twenty years. No extra investment necessary. The nuclear ban needs to be lifted. My guess is that there would be no shortage of private interest in building conventional nuclear were this to happen.
Posted by Fester, Sunday, 3 March 2024 11:45:06 AM
Fester

It's a mad, mad, mad world run by mad people. Fossil fuels - mined, exported - provide governments with revenue, which they blow on subsidising renewables which provide no revenue, except that the carpetbaggers get, even when it doesn't produce electricity.

Now, we are advised that the prices for minerals we mine, the stuff where most of our export revenue comes from, are in free-fall, thanks to world conditions, but mainly because of China - the basket where most of our eggs are - whose economy is in big trouble.

How will the government replace the revenue? With new taxes, one of which has already been mooted by that character Ross Garnaut, who has demonstrated his dangerous ideas in the past. He suggests a tax on carbon dioxide, that demonised essential-to-life element that Coles was blaming a shortage of as the reason they could get aerated soft drinks.

We don’t manufacture much since we handed our industries over to China. Our farmlands are being covered by windmills and solar panels, and restrictions and red tape; so, more taxes are the only answer for our shrinking economy.

The media blames all sorts of things for our troubles: Taiwan, Israel, Ukrainian, turmoil in Africa - even something in the Himalayas! The political goings on in America get a serve. But the truth is, all our problems have been caused over the last decade by our very own politicians; and now, the Albanese government is just delivering the coup de grace.

Australia has rooted every which way by our abominable political class.
Posted by ttbn, Sunday, 3 March 2024 1:02:49 PM
ttbn

The world has ever been hoist to Hell in a hand basket. I think that people will turn on renewables as they did with the Voice when the reality of it hits them. That won't be long I hope.
Posted by Fester, Sunday, 3 March 2024 8:56:19 PM
"What idiots we are!"
- Well I have been saying it for a while now...

I heard that EV manufacturers in China have been telling their workers that they are all going to be out of work soon.

The whole EV thing may just have been a fad, for rich-trendies that want to wear an 'I'm better than you' sign around their neck and make everyone else pay for it, as well as other gullible idiots and greenies.

I told you all years ago, I'm all for doing things that are better for the environment;
- But we shouldn't cut our noses off to spite our faces.

If we'd have gone nuclear a few decades ago, one can only wonder where our country would be.
We might still have industrial manufacturing, and not be completely reliant on imports, and all these derro kids running the streets with knives, well they mite have jobs and futures.

Our gutless politicians are completely absent of any forward thinking.
They only seem to be getting dumber with each election, not smarter.

Why do people keep voting for them?
"What idiots we are!"

The only conclusion is that yes ttbn, we've actually become an entire nation of idiots.
Posted by Armchair Critic, Monday, 4 March 2024 10:43:26 AM
  1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. 2
  4. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy