The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > The media is not biased?

The media is not biased?

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. Page 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. All
THANKKS FOR SURPORT LEAST SOME ONE WHO DOES UNDERSTAND US FORGOTTEN AUSTRALIANS EVEN KNOW I DON;T KNOW WHO YOU REALLY ARE, IM THE MAN WHO IS FIGHTING FOR JUSTICE, AND I WANT TO OPEN THAT DOOR OPEN IT FOR EVERY VICTIM FOR ALL OF US FORGOTTEN AUSTRALIANS , WE ARE REAL VICTIMS , BUT NO ONE IN GOVERMENT WANTS TO SAY YES ITS TRUE, ,
Posted by huffnpuff, Wednesday, 12 September 2007 9:38:39 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Communicat,

Although TRTL is technically right about the experiment, I'm prepared to go along with you on this - and you know where I stand on political preference.

Our free local Rupert paper has been conservative in the way only hysterically parochial papers can be until recently. As a local paper it usually publishes letters about local issues, but for weeks now they've been publishing letters on federal politics.

As you say, most are pro-Rudd. 3 to 1 by my uselessly unscientific reckoning. The puzzling thing is why they bother. This is the safest of safe Liberal seats. Labor would need a 10,000 percent swing to even register in the figures. A fencepost would be more likely to get elected around here than Labor.

You read the articles and get the impression the paper is pro-Howard, then read the letters and get the impression the readers are all pro-Rudd. Weird.
Posted by chainsmoker, Thursday, 13 September 2007 10:13:38 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Of course the media is biased. Anyone can see that.
They follow the fashion and it is fashionable to bash Howard.

I have no inside knowledge of the commercial TV networks or the newspapers
but I do know about the ABC and all the liberals are in the closet.
Plenty of room in there as the queers are all out in the open.

Again the PCs will complain, but there it is, put up with it !
Posted by Bazz, Thursday, 13 September 2007 11:17:24 AM
This is no about political bias, but does show the power the media has and that from time to time they colude about what is published.

During the raciallly motivated gang rapes in SW Sydney, and there were about 60 reported, the police apparently issued press release/s warning the public about the dangers. None of this was published and the reason was that the media did not want to give Sydney any bad publicity in the lead up to the Sydney Olympics.

This disgusts me and further lowers my opinion of the media and those that run it.
Posted by Banjo, Saturday, 15 September 2007 11:16:41 AM
I wonder how the media would have reacted if there had been a major gang rape in Sydney during the Olympics? Not reported at all?
Will human rights abuses in China be reported during the Olympics? Probably not. Although the media appears to be happy to interfere in the democratic process here they won't dare do it there.
Posted by Communicat, Saturday, 15 September 2007 4:38:53 PM
We know how biased labor is

Did we see when rudds wife sacked 400 people from work directions all over the papers. Nope

Do we see how the labor party hids peadophiles. Nope

Do we see how labor hide child sexual abuse and physical abuse. Nope

Do we see labor taking into account the report into corruption 2004. Nope

So what do we see rudd as a poster boy and standing for the people. Nope

Labor and unions stand for themselves and their own predator activities.

Stuart Ulrich
Independent Candidate for Charlton
Posted by tapp, Saturday, 15 September 2007 7:27:55 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. Page 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy