The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > Put Money In The Poor Box, Help The Needy

Put Money In The Poor Box, Help The Needy

1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. All
In the case of 'Hillsong' maybe that should read, "Help The Greedy"! Andrew Wilkie the independent MP from Tasmania has tabled documents in the Federal Parliament that accuses Hillsong of massive fraud, money laundering and tax evasion. The allegations of misuse of donated monies by Wilkie are extensive, running into the millions, you can read about them in the link below.

Churches and charities, Hillsong is actually a registered charity and not technically a church, although they are given to much Bible bashing and happy clapping in a circus like atmosphere, these organisations are given special exemptions when it comes to things like taxation, but in return there is an expectation from the community, government and most of all those donating, that the money raised will be used for the intended purpose in the sprite it was given, and not for an exorbitant lifestyle for those running the show. In most cases that is a legal requirement. One great loophole in operating a money making business is setting it up as a church and/or charity and then lining ones pockets with the proceeds. If half of what Wilkie claimed in parliament is true, then some within Hillsong would be guilty, and that may well apply to many other churches and charities Australians donate to.

http://www.theguardian.com/world/2023/mar/09/hillsong-accused-of-money-laundering-and-tax-evasion-by-mp-under-parliamentary-privilege
Posted by Paul1405, Saturday, 11 March 2023 7:17:53 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
This matter is before the Court, and Wilkie misrepresented the facts. So, for a fair trial we cannot comment in a public place.
Posted by Josephus, Saturday, 11 March 2023 3:06:57 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
"So, for a fair trial we cannot comment in a public place."

What do you mean denied?

You mean where not allowed to exercise free speech?
Stuff that, and stuff Hillsong.

All these people need to be locked up.
http://www.theguardian.com/world/2022/dec/05/hillsong-founder-pastor-brian-houston-sydney-court-trial

"Hillsong church founder Pastor Brian Houston allegedly told a man who had been repeatedly raped as a child by Houston’s father “you know this is all your fault, you tempted my father,” Sydney’s Downing Centre local court heard on Monday."

I'm sure robbing money from the church plate is no problem for peedo protectors.
Posted by Armchair Critic, Saturday, 11 March 2023 3:22:47 PM
Any religion that asks for donation is divorced from decency !
Posted by Indyvidual, Saturday, 11 March 2023 4:45:39 PM
Most Churches I know are involved in overseas aid for health - hospitals and education - schools, so, Hillsong would not be any different.
Posted by Josephus, Saturday, 11 March 2023 5:40:21 PM
I have mentioned this before on the Forum. I bring up this 'Hillsong' as I hope they get all they deserve. We have a beautiful grand niece now in her late 20's and living in Sydney. Some years back when we also lived there, GN unexpectedly become involved with this very "church". This involvement, she was right into it, caused a rift in her immediate family. The only family she would communicate with was us, "Aunty" and myself, she wuld ring or we'd meet at the shopping centre for a coffee, Aunty would ring her to see how she was getting on. GN would tell us about the wonderful church, it didn't impress me, they seemed to be manipulators with a lot of phoney Christianity involved. Well, as quickly as it started the church business stopped, why because I believe there were those within the "church" who wanted a bit more than Bible readings and happy clapping. The GN would not say a great deal about what happened, still won't say, although she's told Aunty about personal things that happened, she says its in the past, but did say once; "There are some real "dogs" in that church, you can't trust no one!".

p/s If her father knew about those personal things, being a "motorcyclists", the "dogs" might be in trouble.

Proud Boy Jose' are you a Hillsonnger? They sound right up your alley.

AC, is that the same Brian Houston who was a good mate of Scott Morrison, and Morrison was always singing his praises.
Posted by Paul1405, Saturday, 11 March 2023 5:47:07 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy