The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > Howard and his hubris head for the cliffs of defeat

Howard and his hubris head for the cliffs of defeat

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. All
It’s an old myth, but it’s said that Lemmings, apparently overcome by deep-rooted impulses, deliberately ran over a cliff in their millions, to be dashed to their deaths on the rocks below, or to drown in the raging ocean.

The new ACNielsen poll today shows Labor's vote up two points to 57 per cent against the Coalition's 43 per cent on a two-party-preferred basis.

But Howard won’t go! He continues to claim that the Liberal Party has already made their mind up about leadership in 2006.

Howard claims that and Liberal Party must project themselves into the future and tell voters how they intend to fix the future. But he is not outlining how what this future is or what needs to be done now to fix it.

Howard has lost the plot and the Liberal Party are too embarrassed to admit that this is indeed the case.

And so like lemmings over the cliffs of Kirribilli - I reckon it’s all over bar the shouting.

Listen here on ABC AM breakfast program to listen to the Rodent delude himself and the Liberal party. Its music to my ears.
http://www.abc.net.au/am/
Posted by Rainier, Monday, 10 September 2007 9:05:55 AM
Find out more about this user Visit this user's webpage Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
I will give you credit Rainer for at least admitting you are a Howard hater. Many others that share your views take offense at being labeled this.
Posted by runner, Monday, 10 September 2007 12:13:01 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Is the Pope Catholic?

I wear it like a badge of honour Runner, thanks!
Posted by Rainier, Monday, 10 September 2007 3:36:07 PM
Find out more about this user Visit this user's webpage Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Howard Haters? There musn't be many Howard Huggers left.
Posted by wobbles, Monday, 10 September 2007 4:39:32 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Runner please! is every one who wants to see the back of Howard to be branded a Howard hater?
I and make no mistake many on the ALP side of politics once admired the bloke.
I hate no one, and believe me there are a few in My life I should.
John Howard has lost the plot, he lost it the day he won the senate and no longer needed balance.
He however will fight to the last second, if he could just stop the fear, lies and miss information he could do far better than the polls say.
John Howard has reduced his party to stealing ALP policy's, we shall see much more of it, including a further back down on workchoices, watch this space.
It is not good enough to defame anti Howard people, me proudly included in that group.
Ask John Howard why so many call themselves former Liberal voters.
Ask him why he got it wrong on AWB, fuel pricing , interest rates, ask him why so many middle class are suffering.
Give some value to those who in those polls say they will not vote for him ,a clear majority.
After all when that majority belonged to Howard his followers valued it then .
Posted by Belly, Monday, 10 September 2007 6:25:17 PM
So you voted for Howard last time roung Belly?

c'mon , wear your heart on your sleeve comrade, hate the bastard and do it with a passion cos if you don't believe in something you'll fall for anything.
Posted by Rainier, Monday, 10 September 2007 6:32:47 PM
I think Rainer is too blinded by hate and envy.It is never that simple Rainer.If the Capitalist's system is so bad,why are China and
Russia copying us?There are good and bad thing about our present Federal Govt.Economic and fiscal responsibility are number one in my book,since without an efficient productive economy there is no money
to help those who are less able.It is those with ability,passion capital who make our economy produce the wealth to pay for teachers,police,nurses,pollies and public servants.

Our present Federal Govt have excelled in economic management where
Labor has a long track record of failure.The US look like going into recession,we will weather that like the Asian melt down and the European recession of the late nineties.Labor gave us $90 billion debt and the Coalition gave us $90 billion surplus.Gough gave us debt in a time of resources boom and our NSW Labor Party give us infrastructure debt and high taxes during another resources boom.Who are the better economic managers?

Your passionate hate is driven by too much insecurity and the seeking of power for which you and others don't want to do the hard yards.
Posted by Arjay, Monday, 10 September 2007 9:31:07 PM
Rainer do not include me in that term comrade! I am a working class man, those people have been nothing but victims all over the world to comrades.
And do not share you blind hate with me I want nothing to do with it.
Vote Howard? your blindness insults me, never would I vote for him or his, however I will have played my part in getting him out of the house.
Posted by Belly, Tuesday, 11 September 2007 5:43:39 AM
No worries Bruver, united, united, the union keeps us strong.
So you're working class with a bit of snobby bourgeoisie?
Did you see Howard last night on the 7.30 report?
When asked by KOB for the third time about whether he should contemplate stepping down to save his party - it was as though he was being asked to shoot a good dog.
He still does not see that dog as himself.
I predict a mutiny coming soon.
Even Liberals know a maniacal nutter when they see one. Late in the piece I know, but they see him as clear as we have seen him for years now.
Posted by Rainier, Tuesday, 11 September 2007 7:53:58 AM
One thing that annoys the hellout of me is that "honest john" and his party have been everything else but honest with the public on the events that have mattered.

Australians have simply had enough of his Party's deceit and neo conservative views.

Hating him may well be unproductive.

I can understand Rainier being cranky with him for his clumsy and divisive handling of Aboriginal Affairs .

Howard and his White - Armband cronies have had enough power,time and money to do the groundwork for a new, forward looking, optomistic and happier future for Indigenous Australians .

He didn't want to come forward with the leadership and Goodwill that would have made the political path smoother for this to happen .

He could have made a Statesman like Treaty with Australia's First Peoples that would have made for a Symbolic and Lawfull Peace after over 200 years of illegal occupation and disposession that at times and places included all out War .

He could have said "Sorry" and eased the pain of the Stolen Generation and their families .

Instead we still have those huge tasks ahead of us .

It will take a truly Fearless Leader to do this.

Can we replace Howard with a person having enough guts and ability to accomplish this after the next election ? I hope so.
Posted by kartiya jim, Tuesday, 11 September 2007 7:54:21 AM
Rainier,

Go have a look at this

http://possumcomitatus.wordpress.com/2007/09/07/capitulation/

It'll warm the cockles of your heart.
Posted by chainsmoker, Tuesday, 11 September 2007 10:23:58 AM
Why doesn't little Johnny Howard understand that if the boat is sinking, get the hell off.
The APEC debacle is the latest little iceberg his boat has hit so why not call the election and get it over with.
God knows who the goodness is going to do a decent job of running this country when it's all over anyway.
Posted by Goddess, Tuesday, 11 September 2007 1:43:48 PM
P.S I used the word goodness because I got into trouble for implying a rude word.
Excuse me whilst I cleanse my errant palate with sugar soap and dettol.
Smack on the hand to me.
Posted by Goddess, Tuesday, 11 September 2007 1:47:53 PM
Thanks Smoker, really warmed up now. How they calibrate their qualitative data and then map it across variables is facinating.

I hear Downer and Turnbull tried to tap him on the shoulder today but he won't budge. Silly old won't move.

Its time for Costello to jump in and king hit him (with or without the numbers)just so they can create the crisis.

What a perfect ending!

RIP Federal Libs and I'm loving it!
Posted by Rainier, Tuesday, 11 September 2007 2:08:05 PM
You're welcome Rainier, thought you'd enjoy it.

Straight from the Libs own internal polling, more detailed and more reliable than the polls published in the papers. Scary stuff.

Since that was published discussion around the traps has gone from how badly Howard might lose, to what happens to the system if he loses so badly there's effectively no opposition for a decade.

As predicted, he's stalling calling the election and every week he puts it off things get worse.

'twill be a joyful election night.
Posted by chainsmoker, Tuesday, 11 September 2007 4:25:01 PM
Arjay,

You wouldn't know hard yards if it bit you on the nose mate.

Any day you want to compare contrast hard yards with me and mine let me know.

Till then,why not send Johnnie a goodbye and good luck card because its because of fools like you we have him as a PM.
Posted by Rainier, Tuesday, 11 September 2007 5:56:21 PM
I can just hear Labor's excuse 2 yrs from now for an economy in ruins.It is all because of Global warming.We had to raise taxes on fuel,food incomes etc,and all the while their Public Servant base will make merry with bloated inefficient bureaucracies,just like the NSW Govt.

85% of union power comes from the Public Service.They will want their pound if flesh for Labor support.
Posted by Arjay, Tuesday, 11 September 2007 5:59:08 PM
Well it seems like the King Rodent has got his way.

He called for a sounding of the party on his leadership and have all rallied behind him. Clearly this was more like the viewing the nearly dead body of the Liberal party than any gathering of political warriors ready for war.

Costello is silently jumping for joy that he was not handed the till of the sinking ship and that he will be vindicated for recent quips about broken promises and the leadership qualities of the Rodent King.

These utterance today from the King Ratty “

“We've had a party meeting and there was absolutely no evidence in that party meeting of any desire on the part of the party for any change in the current leadership team.

“That remains the position, it's been the position for some time, and that's the position that will (remain) into the election and beyond.

“We can still win this election.”

I just can't wait to hear the concession speech on election night.
Posted by Rainier, Wednesday, 12 September 2007 2:20:39 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy