The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > Labor and Greens are responsible for high gas prices.

Labor and Greens are responsible for high gas prices.

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. Page 3
  5. 4
  6. All
Shadow,
You started the thread.
You failed to supply the detail.
You failed to answer my questions.

Sure I could speculate, but there'd be a high chance my speculation is wrong.
I did try Google and found your original post was based on something in the Murdoch press.
Not always a reliable source, and it's paywalled.

Where is this gas field, and what evidence is there that it's one of Australia's largest and lowest cost?
Posted by Aidan, Saturday, 28 January 2023 4:00:53 PM
Find out more about this user Visit this user's webpage Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
One thing you can always rely on with the 'Murdoch Gutter Press' is its always unreliable. A quick bit of research shows there is no impediment to gas projects in Victoria, unless fracking is involved. The opening post is a straight cut and paste from the Murdoch rag, the misnamed 'The Australian', SM you are still a subscriber I see.
Posted by Paul1405, Saturday, 28 January 2023 5:58:18 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
TO SM,
There's no such thing as a plus without a corresponding minus.
Tell me the 'minus' and I'll give thought to your 'plus'
Posted by Special Delivery, Sunday, 29 January 2023 9:23:59 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Aidan,

You are asking for a research paper on the issue complete with a bibliography. This is an online thread and I have made a statement backed up by a reputable news agency.

On top of that, I have looked on the Vic gov website and other sources.

The Vic government has banned permanently fracking or coal seam gas extraction. Given that natural gas is almost always intertwined with coal, this is in reality a permanent ban on any natural gas extraction.

If you want any more information, feel free to look it up. Your ineptitude in research doesn't make my comments wrong.
Posted by shadowminister, Sunday, 29 January 2023 11:17:54 AM
The Labor government is planning for 82% renewables by 2030. The Liberal Party is planning 85% by 2050 and 61% by 2030.

And that's not allowing for the possibility of them getting madder in the meantime.

So far, taxpayer subsidies of $6.9 billion ANNUALLY, have achieved a mere 27% wind and solar share of the market. That's all; in 20 years of tomfoolery that has just made energy scarcer and dearer.

Treating us like fools, they tell us that we have to have more of this, and it is cheaper than fossil fools!

Electricity is expensive and becoming more expensive to buy; and we are also having our taxes wasted on subsidies to help carpetbaggers get richer.

The lessons of Europe are ignored by politicians, who are wilfully going down the same trail, keeping up the Aussie tradition of ageing all the bad crap for overseas, but none of the good.

In the UK, they have reached 36% renewables with public money subsidies (plus shocking customer prices) with subsidies equivalent to $24 billion.

The mad people in Canberra be getting a lot madder yet. And we will be getting a lot poorer - when there is electricity available to buy.

While Europeans can blame the war in Ukraine for some of their energy problems and costs - only the Mad Hatters in Canberra are to blame for Australia's problems.

Now they are panicking because their mad interventions are not working, and introducing communist-style price caps, which will lead to shortages.
Posted by ttbn, Sunday, 29 January 2023 11:24:39 AM
"I (SM) have made a statement backed up by a reputable news agency."

You can't be serious, you consider the 'Murdoch Gutter Press' with its hugely anti Labor bias as a reputable news agency, it has no credibility. Please that's ridiculous.
Posted by Paul1405, Monday, 30 January 2023 6:50:46 AM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. Page 3
  5. 4
  6. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy