The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > Australia's Artesian Basin - $14 Billion down the drain each year > Comments

Australia's Artesian Basin - $14 Billion down the drain each year : Comments

By Lance Endersbee, published 15/8/1999

Lance Endersbee argues $14 billion goes down the drain each year from the Artesian Basin

1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. All
I note the article on the limited life of the Great Artesian Basin was posted in August 1999 & it appears I am the first to post a comment.
I have difficulty believing that no action has been taken nor has the substance of the facts contained in the artcle been challenged.
I would be interested to know what difficulties have presented in the last 6 years to prevent an action plan being created & instituted.
I am also vaguely aware that there is action underway to cap bores.
An up to date assessment of this would be helpful in establishing a proper perspective.

Peterlonz
Posted by Peterlonz, Saturday, 21 January 2006 8:59:54 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
I have just seen Lance's article and I am similarly surprised. I am particularly interested given one of our regional cities - Toowoomba & surrounds is considering mining the Basin. Has there been any change in conventional views of the basin structure since Lance's article?
Posted by GavMcc, Thursday, 20 April 2006 4:51:48 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
  1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy