The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > Climate inertia and politics > Comments

Climate inertia and politics : Comments

By Mike Pope, published 7/1/2010

With breathtaking nonchalance government and opposition ignore the damage climate change could inflict on Australia.

1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. All
I think that those who are concerned with climate inertia will do well by expressing their concern in their politics and doing their best to support parties that put that as a concern. In Australia the Greens are the only party that has given the issue the priority I believe it should have so I have joined the Greens and will work for them.
Posted by david f, Thursday, 7 January 2010 9:49:17 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
I have to wonder how long it is since you took your last dose of medications?
I suggest you stop believing in blind faith and check up on real science.
Google NIPCC and also SEPP. Have a look at websites such as Carbon Sense Coalition or even the Climate Sceptics political party.
Posted by phoenix94, Thursday, 7 January 2010 9:52:45 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Phoenix94

You could add Moncktons letter to the PM to that list..

http://sppiblog.org/news/lord-monckton-replies-to-australias-canting-ranting-prime-minister
Posted by bigmal, Thursday, 7 January 2010 10:38:13 AM
Dear phoenix94,

This is a discussion list not a slanging match. Starting off a post with "I have to wonder how long it is since you took your last dose of medications?" is not reasonable discussion. I think the Greens are quite aware of the real science. Apparently, you disagree.

Because of your insulting response I don't wish to continue.
Posted by david f, Thursday, 7 January 2010 10:42:03 AM
phoenix94 - gold!

That was hilarious, thank you.
Posted by Amicus, Thursday, 7 January 2010 10:50:10 AM
"Over the next 20-30 years, maybe sooner, Saibai and Boigu in the Torres Straits will almost certainly be the first of the permanently inhabited islands to be drowned by rising sea levels."

Well, I won't plan to go there for a holiday in 2040, then. Seriously, if two tiny islands getting waterlogged (maybe) is the most intimidating consequence of AGW you can come up with, why should we spend trillions of dollars trying to mitigate it?

But by all means get an old atlas and look at Saibai and Boigu as they were in, say, 1950; then look at them on Google Earth as they are now. If you can spot any differences due to sea levels rising, please let us know.
Posted by Jon J, Thursday, 7 January 2010 11:36:01 AM
  1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy