The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > Obama's Afghan surge is neither right nor wise > Comments

Obama's Afghan surge is neither right nor wise : Comments

By Marko Beljac, published 14/12/2009

After a long debate President Barack Obama has announced the dispatching of 30,000 extra troops to Afghanistan.

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. Page 2
  4. All
I can't see the point in escalating a war you have already lost,The yanks doo this then run away it is just the start of long conflict that will follow them home.The US started this war a long time ago it's their war i have no ill feelings towards these people and i don't like the idea of comiting murder for my temporary leader.
Posted by manguel, Wednesday, 16 December 2009 12:01:14 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Bushbred

To the best of my knowledge the last time Australian troops fought in South Africa was during the Boer war between 1899 and 1902. They were on the side of the British Empire.

If Australian troops played any part in the fall of Apartheid I somehow missed it.

Australia did try to profit from Apartheid. They asked the Brits to ban South African coal and buy Aussie coal instead. The Brits did boycott South African coal but bought Polish coal instead of the Aussie stuff. The South Africans returned the favour by undercutting Australian coal prices in Asia.

Of course Australia's holier than thou attitude towards South Africa was rather undermined by the deal it did with Suharto over Timorese oil and gas.
Posted by stevenlmeyer, Wednesday, 16 December 2009 10:42:13 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Stevenmayer, I never said anything about Aussie troops in South Africa, but only how magic it was for Mandela to arrange peace between the blacks and the rotten Arpathaid mob so peacefully.

They are even saying now that a common interest in sport between black and white could make it even better.

Though could say we should give credit only to certain white South Africans, especially sportsmen.
Posted by bushbred, Friday, 18 December 2009 5:51:40 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. Page 2
  4. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy