The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > Man up - save our children > Comments

Man up - save our children : Comments

By Warwick Marsh, published 10/11/2009

Australia needs men who will challenge the corporate pedophiles and p*rn kings who put profit before people.

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 6
  7. 7
  8. 8
  9. Page 9
  10. 10
  11. All
Thanks for that RObert, and you may well be right with those observations.
However, what worries me is that any laws forcing couples to have 50/50 custody of children after separation forces some parents to remain in unhappy, unfaithful or abusive relationships rather than risk losing their children 50% of the time to the other parent.

All separation/custody disputes should be judged on their own merit, and the children placed in the most suitable custody arrangement for their own benefit, and not for the benefit of their parents. If that means that, especially very young children, should remain with their mother most of the time, then so be it.

As it is, children are used as pawns in a war between their parents.
I should know- I was one of those children once.
The children's needs should come before any gender-related issues.
Posted by suzeonline, Monday, 16 November 2009 10:33:51 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Suzie lots of men have stayed in unhappy, unfaithful or abusive relationships rather than risk losing their children not just 50% of the time but 80 to 100% of the time.

I don't put enough trust in the system to want to see children removed almost entirely from a parents care because someone else decides that their best interests might lie elsewhere (assuming that care is within the legally acceptable bounds).

Not many would accept that if it was applied to intact families regardless of how well children might be raised by another family. Imagine the outcry if DOC's or others were in the habit of taking children away from their parents and giving them to other's to care for not because of abuse or neglect but because it was decided that the other family could provide a better overall upbringing. Shared care is not perfect but the tyrany which comes when the state starts to discriminate is far worse.

If every case is open to evaluation and external judgement even where the care is within the normal parameters then kid's will be pawns in battles far more often than if the state only makes a care decision when one or both parents have breached the normal boundaries which might result in children being taken from their care.

I don't think that there is a perfect system but a system which rewards adversarial behaviour creates and maintains conflict and problems.

We have guidelines in place for when external agencies should become involved in determining care placement for children, those should be the ones which impact on all families and parents. If they are not good enough to protect children then they should be fixed for all children.

R0bert
Posted by R0bert, Monday, 16 November 2009 11:17:00 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
RObert,
"Imagine the outcry if DOC's or others were in the habit of taking children away from their parents and giving them to other's to care for not because of abuse or neglect but because it was decided that the other family could provide a better overall upbringing. Shared care is not perfect but the tyrany which comes when the state starts to discriminate is far worse."

RObert,
My son was removed from both Parents and given to my now ex's mother and father while my ex was under a Mental Health Program suffering Reactive Depression caused Childhood trauma she suffered as a child at the hands of her mother
He has been locked from my life by the very people that made the original allegation of Bashed and Starved which was not believed by DoCS (Court Transcript available) yet where is the "Outcry" it must just be "Imagined". I can prove what I say and my e-mail has been left often enough for people to obtain the proof
Thanks From
Dave
Posted by dwg, Tuesday, 17 November 2009 12:47:01 AM
Good on ya Warwick.
We need more people calling a spade a spade.
Our children are not our future, they are our NOW but tomorrow they will be the leaders of the world, we will be directly responsible for the way they turn out, regardless of the interference in good child raising by governments and social commentators that propound despicable practices of humanism, secularism, materialism etc as commented by Warwick.

A real man (and woman for that matter) stands up for what he believes in and passes it on to his children and says let love and truth and justice prevail.

There is no space in a society that wants to maintain its integrity for shallow love, half truth and preferential justice.

As was said by Milton,
All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing.

We do live in a democratic society where government and bureaucratic decisions are open for inspection and remedy by the people.
Stand up for LOVE, TRUTH and JUSTICE.

Lets here more from you Warwick.
Posted by Howard Sands, Tuesday, 17 November 2009 7:55:53 PM
Dave based on what you have described here I'm assuming that you were seperated at the time and that DOC's treated it as a child protection case regardless of how valid that was.

I'm talking about the imagined situation where they decided based on their own world view that although your child's safety was not at any known risk children were removed from parents and placed in someone else's care because someone thought it was in the child's best interest. The other family might have a better home, possibly more refined parenting skills or maybe work arrangements which work a bit better than yours for parenting. Those who want custody cases based on a childs best interests are proposing something like that.

R0bert
Posted by R0bert, Wednesday, 18 November 2009 4:19:23 PM
suzeonline
"... instances where shared parenting is not in the best interests of the children?" Of couse there are situations where shared parenting is not in the children's best interests, but until Howard reformed it, only 2.5% of kids left the divorce with both parents in their lives... nobody can say with a straight face that 97.5% of kids have a parent who is so bad that the kid is better off without that parent.

As I said, shared parenting is in GENERAL the best outcome for kids after divorce, Not always, but in general.

"If the Rudd government (are changing something)...they must have very good reasons!" Oh yes, the government only ever makes good decisions, and Santa is real and pigs fly. Seriously though, there are good reasons... the huge power of the business lobby that profits from the conflict that child-removal creates. If you want to make somebody fight, take their children away... and this fight feeds many lawyers, social workers, and other professional feminists.

"The governments consist of mostly men, so I can't see any feminist agenda being allowed to flourish really." How many professional men's activists are there? None! Perhaps Dads In Distress (with a paid staff of two) fits the bill? How many professional feminists are there? too many to count!

"So that leaves data of some sort"
There is heaps of data, heaps... but the data goes against what the politically powerfull lobbies and business interests want. So it is ignored
Posted by partTimeParent, Wednesday, 18 November 2009 9:22:10 PM
Find out more about this user Visit this user's webpage Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 6
  7. 7
  8. 8
  9. Page 9
  10. 10
  11. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy