The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > Decline of American civilisation: are the dark ages coming? > Comments

Decline of American civilisation: are the dark ages coming? : Comments

By Rob Denehy, published 5/8/2009

Trends in American culture, education and communications may be creating a perfect storm of ignorance.

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. Page 4
  6. All
Seneca, for insight as to a plausible answer to your question, can I commend Fractelle's ealier posting?
Posted by paul walter, Saturday, 8 August 2009 5:39:54 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Col Rouge: << The decline of USA is inevitable

Afterall, the one time Anglo-Saxon majority, on whose values the wealth of the nation was built, are no longer the “majority”. >>

Wow Col - that's a blatantly racist statement, even for you.

But you know that, don't you?

Look at Col, everybody.
Posted by CJ Morgan, Saturday, 8 August 2009 6:16:43 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Paul Monk was interviewed by Geraldine Googue on her Breakfast Show on ABC1 Radio National on 8 August 2009. Monk became fascinated by the history of western civilization while he has at university and he remained so all his life. His most recent book is: The West in a Nutshell: Foundations, Fragilities, Futures. Monk told Geraldine Doogue that he retired from full-time work at the age of 38 in order to write, to reflect and to do research. He took a special interest, among his many interests, in the 16th century essayist Michel de Montaigne. Montaigne also retired at the age of 38 and is often regarded as the first essayist in European civilization. I took a special interest in Monk and his comments about Montaigne because: (a) I too, like Monk, acquired a fascination with the history of ideas and western civilization while I was at university(1963-1967) and (b) I too retired early, although not as early as either of these two writers and essayists. I was 58 and it was 2003 before I could give up both full and part-time work and devote myself to reading, independent research and writing—sometimes essays and often prose and poetry in other genres. -Ron Price with thanks to Paul Monk on ABC1, 8 August 2009.
Posted by Bahaichap, Monday, 10 August 2009 11:13:36 AM
Find out more about this user Visit this user's webpage Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. Page 4
  6. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy