The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > Gallipoli good, Vietnam bad > Comments

Gallipoli good, Vietnam bad : Comments

By Sasha Uzunov, published 21/7/2009

Vietnam will remain Australia’s most controversial of wars because of the simple fact it was the first television war.

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. 7
  9. Page 8
  10. All
Amazed, you are a grunt. A brother in arms. Do I read a Tiger too??
Posted by NiftyOne, Monday, 27 July 2009 11:54:31 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
>> Given that keith quite often posts in a similarly intemperate style, I'm quite surprised to hear him claim to be a pacifist <<

He's also an enthusiastic supporter of George W. Bush and the religious/resource war in Iraq. I suspect Keith calls himself a pacifist for the same reason Philip Ruddock wears an Amnesty International badge.

I see a lot of these in this discussion: http://redwing.hutman.net/~mreed/warriorshtm/centurion.htm
Posted by Sancho, Monday, 27 July 2009 12:56:30 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Just in case blairbar is still lurking …

‘The fact is that the electorate in this country through their elected members had opportunities to withdraw our involvement in numerous wars but never did.’

Except for Vietnam and Iraq, and by the look of things, a withdrawal from Afghanistan is only a matter of time, as opinion polls show that support has now dropped from majority to borderline support. And you may have heard me mention WWI :) – which is a classic case of the electorate reducing our war involvement through the ballot box … twice … and in doing so, saved arguably 10s of thousands of young Australian men’s lives.

Unlike in WWI, the people’s opposition to Iraq and Vietnam could not be completely gagged, censored, criminalised and expunged from the official Australian narrative. However, the revisionist propaganda machine is certainly trying very hard – as with this essay.

amazed

You are a true son of Australia. It's makes me all goose bumpy to know that the many millions spent on Anzac propaganda over the last century has found such a receptive mind.
Posted by SJF, Tuesday, 28 July 2009 9:23:00 AM
"Just in case blairbar is still lurking"
Just grow up SJF.
Posted by blairbar, Tuesday, 28 July 2009 2:38:07 PM
blairbar

'"Just in case blairbar is still lurking"
Just grow up SJF.'

So you WERE lurking.
Posted by SJF, Tuesday, 28 July 2009 2:49:41 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. 7
  9. Page 8
  10. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy