The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > The black fingerprints of the greenhouse mafia ... > Comments

The black fingerprints of the greenhouse mafia ... : Comments

By Anne O'Brien, published 2/6/2009

Twenty lost years in climate policy is a crime against humanity.

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. Page 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. 7
  9. 8
  10. 9
  11. 10
  12. All
Anne,
If you are not prepared to even tell the truth about the distance from the Hyatt to Parliament House you have no credibility whatso ever.

Better you stick to growing vegetables, in a window box, and spend your time playing your violin.

If the climate warming advocates ever get some evidence, i am sure we will all hear about it.
Posted by Banjo, Tuesday, 2 June 2009 7:52:35 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Guys - I really wish you would read other posts. Have you even seen the evidence that was provided to you in my earlier post? Perhaps - but you choose to ignore it. Much the same way you are choosing to ignore the facts about climate change.

It's a matter of risk.

Please explain to me what is the risk of us changing our habits and investing in renewable energy (the technology is already there, we just need to install it), versus the risk of doing nothing and keeping business as usual.

68% of our CO2 emissions come from energy - fuel combustion (source: http://www.climatechange.gov.au/inventory/2007/pubs/nggi.pdf). If we change to solar and wind power, image the affect.
Posted by Peturbed, Tuesday, 2 June 2009 8:01:06 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
It's quite funny reading some of the criticisms of this article!

To invoke 'science' as if it rationalises one's climate-skeptic stance is laughable... :-D

You do realise Wing Ah Ling, do you not, that a hallmark of a true 'scientist' is to keep an open mind! otherwise you might miss a black swan when one floats your way ;-)

Science proceeds by forming hypotheses and testing them. Truth is never quite reached we can only ever say "it is probable, based on the data i have analysed that x is likely".

Wing et conspiritors - i do believe that if you had the patience to conduct a 'systematic review' of the liturature on climate patterns that you would eat your ^^ words. (Assuming, of course, that you wouldn't knowingly omit certian evidence which doesn't conform to your pre-formed conclusion hehe...). The ice caps ARE melting and temperatures in this past decade HAVE been hotter than previous times. This is predicted to accelerate as lower ice means less reflection of heat and greater absorption into the blue ocean.

Eminient scientists have reached consensus that this warming PROBABLY IS due to human activity. You can act like a proud child who cups his hands over his ears and sings stupid songs at the top of his voice ignoring reality all you like but that'd just be plain foolish. And fairly sad for a grown bloke.
Posted by modernidealist, Tuesday, 2 June 2009 8:27:51 PM
Modernidealst, you, too, are talking nonsense.
Posted by Boethius, Tuesday, 2 June 2009 8:34:26 PM
For the skeptics please explain how permafrost which has never melted in living memory has miraculously disappeared.
I am not asking for a WHY just a basic HOW do you explain this?
Posted by beefyboy, Tuesday, 2 June 2009 9:25:12 PM
modernidealist

OLO is a site where people express their opinions, that is all. Wingbat first came to my attention with this gem:

http://forum.onlineopinion.com.au/thread.asp?article=8421#133075

I no longer bother with his rants.

The important thing to remember is that the people who count are trying, from all around the globe.

People like Boethius, why does s/he bother? Short, sharp snarky snippets with nothing to contribute.
Posted by Q&A, Tuesday, 2 June 2009 9:49:04 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. Page 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. 7
  9. 8
  10. 9
  11. 10
  12. All