The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > Science v sorcery: the risky business of predicting the future > Comments

Science v sorcery: the risky business of predicting the future : Comments

By Sasha Uzunov, published 22/5/2009

There are those who believe a 'showdown' is looming between the West and radical Islam. Is it a case of Islamophobia?

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. All
The Shameless Sasha strikes again.

Somehow slyly mentions in an article about the West and Islam, that the Ancient Macedonians and the Modern (Slav) Macedonians as being one of the same.

Of course, implying as an unquestionable fact that Macedonia is NOT Greek!
Posted by Savvas Tzionis, Friday, 22 May 2009 9:52:00 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
the catchy heading is short on science..[unless you see it as a typical red flag phy op]..or an excuse to implant negative imagry into our minds in preperation for armnogeddon..[i suppose implanting faulse imagry is a form of scorcery]

anyhow its a puff piece and one needs wonder what people opinions on it..could possably be of any relivance [but the aim is done simply by us reading the puff piece]..its so full of lies and key trigger points and racists steriotypes and fearmongering to be obvious to any serious reader

there is little to rebut because its simply designed to set up a preconditioned fear state..fight or flight response..[yet revealing in thats its part of an adenda trying to set us up to fullfill the delusion of yet another appocolypse..[lest we forget the real appocolyps..[that gave the apocolypse plains their name..occuired pre 1000 ad]..blood up to the styrreps reportedly...lol

but that dosnt preclude the delusionists..from trying a take two..to once again try and bring on the messiah..[in light of the islamaphobia and fear based imagry..it isnt hard to figure out who is behind it,..or who it is specificly aimed at]

vile people revel in revealing vile..[is it simply an excuse to re-hash mansons insanity,..who knows..i suspect its more]..the title is its cleverest point...ANYHOW LETS SEE WHERE THE BLOGGERS TAKE THIS PUFF PIECE
Posted by one under god, Friday, 22 May 2009 10:12:29 AM
Find out more about this user Visit this user's webpage Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
pseudo science such as global warming and telling lies about the past (evolution) are very similar to sorcery. They are based on lies and believed by the masses not because they can be proved but because people reject plain and simple truth that can be easily observed. Be sure this earth will be burned as every other biblical prophecy has been shown to be true. Funny how so many turn to medians and false prophets and highly dubious computer models to try and find out what is going to happen. They all turn out to be as clever as our economist who are only ever wise after the event. There will be a final showdown and God and His people have already won the victory in Christ.
Posted by runner, Friday, 22 May 2009 11:13:17 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Very clever.

Probably as a result of garnering an average of a pathetic 4.3 posts-per-topic, Sasha Uzunov has decided to grace us with a generous smear of fear-mongering, to get the numbers up a bit.

It's not even as if the piece makes sense. It appears simply to be a checklist of words designed to produce knee-jerk response.

Religious prophet - tick. Book of Revelation, tick. The Beatles, tick. The Bible, tick. The "Koran", tick. Armageddon, tick. Racist society, tick. Nostradamus (good grief!), tick. Ethnic Albanians, Macedonia, Sunni Muslims, Orthodox Christians, Orthodox Serbs, Catholic Croats, Muslim Bosnians, Tony Blair, Slobodan Milosevic, Bill Clinton, Kosovo, ... tick tick tick tick tick tick tick tick tick tick tick...

End time, tick.

Francis Fukiyama, tick.

al-Qaida, World Trade Centre, Jemaah Islamiyah,Bali...

Showdown

Forgive my cynicism, but there doesn't appear to be a fear-button that hasn't been pushed in this, rather tawdry, and utterly pointless, article.
Posted by Pericles, Friday, 22 May 2009 11:37:39 AM
Thank you Pericles

You spared me from wasting too much of my valuable time on this specious article.

There was no science or even sorcery for that matter - just as Pericles noted:

Charles Manson
Nostradamus
Cold war
Black v whites
islam v western world

Yup, all the boxes were ticked.

Oh, I think I get it.

Conclusion: it is very difficult to predict the future.
Posted by Fractelle, Friday, 22 May 2009 12:18:57 PM
what fractelle said pericles said.
Posted by bushbasher, Friday, 22 May 2009 2:01:05 PM
Blowed if I know why people refuse history.
Most humans are a lazy, shortsighted, and incredibly sorry lot.

We send out the young to war when they’re full of ‘p--s and vinegar’ and expect them to be ‘reasonable citizens’ when the come home.

Once their set is burned out at approximately every 1.5 generations the ‘victors’ squander the ill-gotten gains – the victorious society falls apart through internal conflict when they, in return, in their inevitable turn, become the vanquished.
In short, we never learn.

Is there a looming ‘showdown between Islam and the West’?
Depends how we define Islam and the West.

The biggest factor is that people keep making babies.
The next is which groups keep making more babies.

If we look at this in narrow terms – the plain fact is that the Palestinian people will have produced enough offspring in the next few decades to swamp the reproductive efforts of poor Israel.
May I joke about that and say that poor Israel may have to retire defeated through Groinstrain Injury?

Look at another nation facing demographics change induced trouble.
The good old USA faces a situation of Hispanic people achieving a majority soon – followed by Afro-Americans – followed last by ‘Caucasians’ (as they’re called).

Given that everyone who reads this might accept that the USA does have its first Afro-Hawaiian President in office, then anything could happen.
Most may not realize that Islam is well accepted in the USA – and flourishing there.

Meanwhile, I’m reliably informed, Islam is a religion that is not bound to centralized authority.
I submit that the near future looks bleak for Christianity.
I would also submit that aggressively Fundamentalist Islamic notions will not survive these changes.
The bottom line – or the TOP line, depending how you look at it – is that good people are good people whatever their belief.
Good people may well need a pivotal change in philosophy/morality in order to exercise the opportunity to get this world past the tail end of the age of greed.
Conservatives, watch out!
Posted by A NON FARMER, Saturday, 23 May 2009 10:58:15 PM
Find out more about this user Visit this user's webpage Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
For all those that believe you can find some sort of secret prophesy in iron-age texts -

http://www.fstdt.com/winace/napoleon_messiah.htm

I prefer to stick with reading goat entrails. It's got about the same success rate.
Posted by wobbles, Monday, 25 May 2009 2:04:14 AM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy