The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > Criticising the Israeli government or anti-Semitism? > Comments

Criticising the Israeli government or anti-Semitism? : Comments

By Dave Smith, published 14/5/2009

It has become politically fashionable to equate any criticism of the government of Israel with anti-Semitism.

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. Page 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. 7
  9. All
Joaquin.

I have copied the link again.(http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ysIaQUJWBdk)After the clip you will find various UTube videos that expose the Israeli Defence Forces propaganda and efforts to obscure their brutality towards Palestinians living in Israel.There are also some disturbing pi
Posted by maracas1, Friday, 15 May 2009 11:49:16 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Does anybody still buy a pig in a poke?

It would seem so, if Dave Smith’s compilation of misrepresentations and lies are tied together with a seemingly innocuous ‘hey, I’m not anti-Semitic, I’m merely anti-Israel’ bow, is offered for sale.

Mr. Smith trumpets that he is not anti-Semitic, yet he delegitimises the Jews and misrepresents the Arabs. He wants his views on the Middle East to be taken seriously, but that’s a tad rich given he cannot find a single negative syllable to utter about numerous homicide bombers (sorry Mr. Smith, ‘martyr operators’) or about any of the 8,000+ Kassam rockets launched on Israeli civilians, in the name of Islam, by Jihadists in Gaza.

Mr. Smith’s views are emblematic of those found within the ever growing menagerie of modern anti-Semites. Leaders and instigators of this cult of anti-Semitism are concentrated chiefly on the political left, but not exclusively, with a good many of its active and vocal spokesmen to be found in universities and in some churches. Even in parliament.

These Jew baiters are complicit in constructing and expanding their vitriol against Israel. A vitriol paved in bigotry, tiled in a gross ignorance of history and painted in politically correct hues.

With the possible exception of Carthage during the Punic Wars, almost 2,500 years ago, no country in recorded history, has ever been threatened with extinction. Israel is the one exception.

But those on the left, like Dave Smith, won’t allow the Jews to defend themselves. While he’s too tactful to call for the abolition of the State of Israel outright, he rejects Israel’s right to self-preservation; a right afforded every other nation. Chipping away at the legitimacy of Israel, he is mute when it comes to suggesting how Israel’s five million Jews should protect themselves from people sworn to their annihilation, be it the Iranians or the denizens of HAMASstan (better known as Gazans).

Mr. Smith justifies his anti-Zionism by reminding us of the infamous 1975 United Nations resolution equating Zionism with racism. He forgets however to note that the U.N. rescinded that offensive resolution.
Posted by Jonathan J. Ariel, Friday, 15 May 2009 11:55:31 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Leigh,

I'll direct my comments at whomever I choose.

FYI,this is a public forum and if you present unsupported and ad hominem arguments I reserve the right to rubbish said arguments,as they deserve. I have to say I'm amazed at your powers of reading the author's mind.
Posted by mac, Friday, 15 May 2009 11:55:51 AM
Mac,

Whatever you say and whatever I say is an OPINION. Our comments did not come down the mount with Moses. Your extremely petulant comments about my posts are only your opinion. I'll bet the old bottom lip was sticking out when you bashed out, "I'll direct my comments at whomever I choose."

As in the chicken ad., if you need to rubbish other peoples' arguments, particularly when they are not the slightest bit interested in what you think, then, "there is something very wrong with you".

The idea is to comment on the article contributed. However, if you wish to "rubbish" me with your own rubbish (it obviously makes you feel tough) be my guest. You clearly need the therapy. Mind you, I don't always look back at previous days, so you might rather get yourself a big stick and belt a cushion with it. They tell me that is good for your problem
Posted by Leigh, Friday, 15 May 2009 12:24:52 PM
Leigh,

A final comment,

"The idea is to comment on the article contributed" Yes,however part of the idea is to criticise other peoples' comments,this is essential to the educational process. Any blog that was restricted to passive comments only would be very boring indeed,stop complaining if your pet opinions are shredded every now and then. Don't try to bully your way out of the corner you painted yourself into,remember,you're the one who started the ad hominem(personal) attacks.
Posted by mac, Friday, 15 May 2009 6:37:22 PM
Thank you Father Dave for supporting the truth. God Bless
Posted by logic,truth,justice, Friday, 15 May 2009 8:50:10 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. Page 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. 7
  9. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy