The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > Me and the summit > Comments

Me and the summit : Comments

By Nicholas Gruen, published 7/5/2009

I was part of the buzz - and the inevitable chaos - of the 2020 Summit. But alas, no call came about my idea.

1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. All
What a great process. Nine winners and how many losers? Oh I do love the market of ideas! Not.
Posted by clickcraftsman, Friday, 8 May 2009 7:45:39 PM
Find out more about this user Visit this user's webpage Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
What else did you expect, the entire thing was a political con job. When you place 1000 bureaucrats, academics and elitist business people together, all you're doing is creating another April fools day. Not one of them came up with anything which was sensible, practical or even smart, just semantic rhetoric and useless bureaucratic no speak.

You need real people to run a real country, not programmed clones living in virtual la la land, constantly wasting money on boosting their ego's.
Posted by stormbay, Sunday, 10 May 2009 12:00:04 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
It did exactly as expected by many people before it even started.
The next edition will be no better.

The organisers refused, in line with government policy to not allow any
Representative of the Association for Study of Peak Oil Australia or
similar organisation to be present or submit papers.

Despite the big spike in oil prices last year and the financial crash
that it ushered in, peak oil is still a no no subject in government circles.
Posted by Bazz, Monday, 11 May 2009 3:10:47 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
  1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy