The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > Football season brings fresh hope and agony > Comments

Football season brings fresh hope and agony : Comments

By Matthew Klugman, published 26/3/2009

Footy is finally back; everything seems possible. When the umpire holds the ball up for the first bounce the excitement is intense.

1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. All
Thanks Matthew. We can clearly see your passion for the game. I too, have gone on record as saying it is the best sport in the world.

However, you also highlight how sometimes such passion leads to excess. Our over exuberance manifests in various ways big and small; from abuse in reaction to umpiring decisions to the League’s imperious presumption to try to expand into Western Sydney. Sometimes we need more perspective.

I’ve quit participating in footy tipping as it was casing me to stress over the result of every match. A decision now leaving me free to enjoy the game and just breathe a little easier.
Posted by Dan S de Merengue, Friday, 27 March 2009 5:06:23 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
  1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy