The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > 'W': a one-dimensional twit of popular wisdom? > Comments

'W': a one-dimensional twit of popular wisdom? : Comments

By Nick Ferrett, published 16/2/2009

Film review: if you watch Oliver Stone's film 'W' with an open-mind you may take another look at George W Bush.

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. Page 3
  5. All
6. 'It is in this scene that we see Stone’s most important insight into Bush’s character. Bush doesn’t regard himself as particularly smart, but he thinks he knows what people want.'
And again George told you or Stone what he was thinking? If he'd have said this the lefties would still be baying like ... oh well you know.

7. 'Tell them there are “nukes” and “WMD”.' Ohhh Nick ... even Hugo Rudd told us that was the case... and he claims like George and everybody else, that was because the intelligence reports said so. You don't think Stone's assertion a tad unfair and your labelling of George but not Tony, John and Hugo Rudd not unfair and not uninformed?

8. '...he swears to his friends he’ll never be “out-Christianed” again'
Supportive quotes please. I bet he's sworn many things many times. Can you name another oath he swore? I can. In public he swore an oath to protect the US. He succeeded. Why didn't you shout balance here? ... For that would have shown you were informed.

9. 'Then, every meeting in the Whitehouse is “closed out” with silent prayer.'
You were there? And can comfirm this ... somehow I suppose? IF you haven't supportive evidence for this ... well your simmply mouthing uninformed gossip.

There are other outlandish uninformed biased assertions throughout you article.

Generally underlining your slimy article is the fact you haven't balanced Stone's atrociously bad work, yet you describe it as fair. By acknowledging you are aware of George's academic prowess, you could have shown your opinion was informed.

After all he's the only US president to have graduated from both Harvard and Yale.

From your diatribe, I suspect you didn't know that his Yale degree was in Arts-History.

You've written an article shouting Stone was fair in his assessment. If you'd known of George's history and successes you'd have known Stone's assessment was one made by a complete jackass and your knowledgeable assessment of George would have allowed you to have shown that...

But you didn't...you are under-informed.
Posted by keith, Tuesday, 17 February 2009 6:13:35 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
" George's academic prowess".

if there's any evidence whatsoever that bush got into yale or harvard on merit, i'd like to see it. if there's any evidence whatsoever that bush did anything academically of note at either institution i'd like to see it.
Posted by bushbasher, Tuesday, 17 February 2009 7:56:49 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. Page 3
  5. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy