The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > Memory, trauma and Gaza > Comments

Memory, trauma and Gaza : Comments

By Tanveer Ahmed, published 17/2/2009

With each Israeli show of force, their story of victimhood becomes less and less palatable for many people around the globe.

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. Page 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. All
Israel is no “mercenary of the West in the heart of the Middle East” but an outpost of Western civilization in the midst of barbarians. Besieged on all sides within the short span of 60 years it became culturally, politically, economically, and scientifically the most developed nation of the region and deservedly proud of this great achievement. Moreover as a civilized outpost, Israel is at the forefront of the fight against the holy warriors of Islam, of Hamas and Hezbollah, the proxies of its most dangerous enemy Iran.

The author of the article might be rich in some of his psychological probing but has a very poor understanding of history. Great achievements are not the outcome of “victimhood” but they arise from the cultural, moral, and intellectual strength of a people. And Israel is a testament of that.

http://kotzabasis3.wordpress.com
Posted by Themistocles, Tuesday, 17 February 2009 5:10:18 PM
Find out more about this user Visit this user's webpage Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Tanveer Ahmed's article is cute but it yet another variation
of the Progressive Left/Islamist Alliance for the information it omits.
The article does not mention that Hamas constantly fired rockets into Israel. Perhaps he is pretending that Jews don’t belong in the Middle East. Some facts:

Sixty per cent of Israeli Jews are refugees from Arab countries. Jews could well be indigenous to the area. They were certainly there before the Romans and the Arabs. Before the Roman Empire and Islam the prevailing culture was Greek and Jewish. Cleopatra was Greek.

There were Jewish tribes in what is now Saudi Arabia before Mohammad. Perhaps Jews should demand a right of return to the Kingdom, I am sure that the United Nations would give them a fair and unbiased hearing.

Jews provide the Left with an opportunity to be violently racist while pretending not to be.

Furthermore, I suspect that their survival and prosperity angers their pathetic Muslim neighbors who simply can not take advantage of their rich oportunities.
Posted by Cox, Tuesday, 17 February 2009 6:26:40 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
oo is heaving with small minds. I love it. Tragicomedy at its finest.
Posted by stranger in a strange land, Tuesday, 17 February 2009 7:42:20 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Cox I assume this is all based upon the great fairy story called the Bible,I think till some one can prove it I think I will reserve judgement.
I see the usual RWDBs are peddling the usual line more rubbish or Propaganda
Posted by John Ryan, Tuesday, 17 February 2009 10:49:45 PM
John Ryan, you do not have to wait for someone to prove it, you can take up reading and research it your self. If you lack the necessary confidence for this you should not hold such strong opinions.
Cox
Posted by Cox, Wednesday, 18 February 2009 11:08:20 AM
Certainly, I agree that the trauma of Jewish persecution is a huge demon lurking in the Israeli national psyche. However, it’s only part of the story behind its crimes against the Palestinian people.

Much of the continuing conflict is rooted in that age-old, universal tension between coloniser and colonised – between transplanted and indigenous populations everywhere.

It’s a mass psychological process that is almost mathematical in its consistency. Colonisers are not only intentionally blind to the horror of what they inflict on the colonised, but they also deal with their denied guilt by reinventing themselves as the victim. Because the colonised always fight back against the injustice of dispossession, the propaganda process of reinventing the perpetrator as victim is always relatively easy.

Exploitation of Holocaust trauma/guilt, combined with Israel’s excessively high status in Western diplomacy, have allowed the Israeli colonisation process to inflict a shocking litany of massacres, ethnic cleansing and other ongoing major war crimes and atrocities on the Palestinian people, that would never be tolerated in the modern era if committed by any other democracy.
Posted by SJF, Wednesday, 18 February 2009 3:05:24 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. Page 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy