The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > Changing Australia Day > Comments

Changing Australia Day : Comments

By Andrew Bartlett, published 28/1/2009

Calls to change Australia Day are manna from heaven for radio shock jocks and history warriors: it’s no surprise Kevin Rudd wants to shut down debate.

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 15
  7. 16
  8. 17
  9. Page 18
  10. All
"So Grim, rather than trying to play the race card (in a very inept and clumsy manner) why don’t you go play in the middle of a freeway and present your facile arguments to a Mac truck travelling at you at 100 kph."
Of course, it's always incredibly hard to refute an argument as erudite and well reasoned as this. Despite my inept and clumsy manner -not to mention my ambiguous sexuality (?)- I would humbly dare point out a small flaw in the great and wise Col's logic.
"I take no personal pride or responsibility for the successes of my ancestors nor my children."
"nor my children"? Why ever not? Howsoever...,
You then go on to say:
"I was recording the fact of their achievement and noting no such achievement in the history of aborigines."
So, although you take no pride or responsibility for the successes of your ancestors, you clearly feel aboriginals should feel shame in the lack of achievement of their ancestors.
No double standards there.
I'm closing now, so I guess I should conform to protocol, and resort to personal abuse.
Let me think. Oh, I know.
You disagree with me, so obviously you're a lesbian.
What's Col short for, Colline?
Nyah, Nyah Nyah.
Posted by Grim, Saturday, 14 February 2009 6:13:45 AM
Find out more about this user Visit this user's webpage Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Grim "Nyah, Nyah Nyah."

how mature of you...

you sad little scrote...

when folk like you start to post, I realise we are not talking about having found the bottom of the barrel,

we are talking about the scum which collects in th edark space underneath the barrel

So, run away now, go play with your fairy friends..
Posted by Col Rouge, Saturday, 14 February 2009 8:27:21 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Oh dear, Col, you really are immune to the subtleties of irony, aren't you?
"Sad little scrote"?
I'll have you know I'm 7'4" tall, and my wrists still drag on the ground even after I have stood up.
Does this make me eligible to have an opinion, on 'online opinion'?
Posted by Grim, Saturday, 14 February 2009 12:31:07 PM
Find out more about this user Visit this user's webpage Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Grim "I'll have you know I'm 7'4" tall, and my wrists still drag on the ground even after I have stood up.
Does this make me eligible to have an opinion, on 'online opinion'?"

YEs I can imagine the erists and knuckles dragging along the ground... good picture

If you need to see yourself in that light and it helps maintain the stability of your medicinal regime, then who am I to comment...

excepting....

you actually sound and describe yourself as a beringei primate with arrested intellectual development...

but no worries, you are still allowed to post here... even if you are treating us to a new low in reasoning skill.
Posted by Col Rouge, Sunday, 15 February 2009 8:18:26 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
This -apparently- is an example of a mature contribution to an intellectual discussion.

"So Grim, rather than trying to play the race card (in a very inept and clumsy manner) why don’t you go play in the middle of a freeway and present your facile arguments to a Mac truck travelling at you at 100 kph."

This is another -allegedly- mature contribution:

"Of course the Grim's were famous for their fairy stories… maybe that’s the link to the one who chooses such a logon name..… a modern day fairy anguishing over his sexuality / inadequacy."

My name, by the way, is Peter Grimley. What's yours Red?
A couple more "mature" contributions:

"you sad little scrote..."

"when folk like you start to post, I realise we are not talking about having found the bottom of the barrel,"

"we are talking about the scum which collects in th edark space underneath the barrel"

"So, run away now, go play with your fairy friends.."

Unlike Col Rouge, I have always tried to address the argument, rather than the person making the argument.
So, in order to make it abundantly clear I was was having our dear friend (sarcasm) on when I replied in kind, I clearly prefaced these tongue in cheek remarks with:

"I'm closing now, so I guess I should conform to protocol, and resort to personal abuse."

Now surely I couldn't make it any more clear that I wasn't being serious in lowering myself to Col's level.
He didn't get it.
To make it absolutely plain it was tongue in cheek:

"Let me think. Oh, I know.
You disagree with me, so obviously you're a lesbian.
What's Col short for, Colline?"

And then I ended with a quote from Peanuts, which could not possibly be taken seriously by anyone over the age of 10.
"Nyah, Nyah Nyah."
Col took it seriously.
Posted by Grim, Sunday, 15 February 2009 9:41:25 AM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 15
  7. 16
  8. 17
  9. Page 18
  10. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy