The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > Globalisation is not the real problem > Comments

Globalisation is not the real problem : Comments

By David Young, published 16/12/2008

The White Plan signed at Bretton Fields in 1944 set up the IMF and effectively gave the management of the world economy to the US.

1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. 2
  4. All
An excellent article.I would like to know what relationship the Central banks of the world eg Rothschilds,Bank of England,Bank of Japan have with the IMF and World Bank.

The US Govt borrows from the Federal Reserve and Fed Res make enormous profits.During WW2 these banks were loaning to both sides of the war purely for profit.There has been a long history of this unholy alliance between these banks,Govts and the arms dealers who have helped create wars and profit from human misery.
Posted by Arjay, Wednesday, 17 December 2008 3:05:14 AM
Find out more about this user Visit this user's webpage Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
This article reminds me of the story of the bird who forgot to fly south for winter:

The little bird became cold and started to shiver. Presently he was swooped upon by a hawk & fell from the sky into a cow pat where he was nice and warm.

He had just recovered when a cat came along and pulled him out of the pat. "Thank you Mr cat for pulling me free of the pat. I am so glad you saved me", he said.

Whereupon the cat ate him.

The moral of the story?

Everyone that puts you in the $hit is not necessarily your enemy and everyone that gets you out of it is not necessarily your friend.

In regards to America, to assume that the world is not a 'survival of the fittest' Darwinian-evolution of power is tantamount to believing in Santa Claus.

Believing that Obama will get Americans to lower their lifestyle expectations by increasing petrol prices to what Australian's & Europeans pay (5:1 disparity) is like believing in the Tooth Fairy.

And believing in unending global economic growth & expecting America to stop using Wall Street as a Lift-Pump powered by fluctuations in Oil-futures, to suck money out of the rest of the world to pay for their war on Terror, is just insane.

What free nations must do is:

*Work with the existing system but

*Don't invest in American stock markets,

*Invest surpluses in local infrastructure & training

*And use the new laser & seismic-telluric technologies to drill for big fat GEOTHERMAL cowpats 2-5Km below the foothills of the Dividing Ranges to keep nice & warm in.
Posted by KAEP, Wednesday, 17 December 2008 5:20:19 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
KaEP, I agree
"The moral of the story?

Everyone that puts you in the $hit is not necessarily your enemy and everyone that gets you out of it is not necessarily your friend".

The author tells us the obvious from what should be done in utopian terms.
"We need new world institutions based on equality to fit the needs of today's world. Hopefully these will be institutions that have the ability to change and evolve as the world changes and evolves.

But any accurate understanding of politics in terms of policy possibilities and limitations has to examine just what can actually be achieved?

Further, is in the interest of Western societies to throw away their influence?

It is all to easy to blame the US for everything, and I would suggest that most Western nations have enjoyed the benefit of US leadership for many decades, including Australia. If the author thinks that Western nations will simply remake the world and discount the US to accomodate China or anyone else as if cultural ties do not matter, he will be disappointed.
Posted by Chris Lewis, Wednesday, 17 December 2008 7:58:33 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Identified a number of 'relevant material factors' there david to how current global economy came to be this...

Hope you can produce a follow on article with the rest of missing features...like who are these people/organized group that have power to corrupt 'world-countries-meeting-to-organize-a-world-wide-economic-system'aka white-plan' for 'unbalanced self benefit'...I mean people at conference must have been reasonably educated/intelligent...so I assume they were misinformed/misrepresented...to agreeing and signing...so that takes some pre-assessing/planning/deceiving to execute to success...

media uses words like 'ruling-elite'(eg http://www.abc.net.au/news/stories/2008/12/16/2447576.htm )to describe this group...as separate from parliament/government/large-corporations but power over them...and read posts fingering rothschild, bank of england ie crown-the-corporation etc...who and more importantly what are 'they' upto now in this crisis that should have never been allowed to happen if effective checks and balances placed and allowed to work...

I think we the common public need to know this information about those whom dont want to be 'known'...before we start getting 'local_economic_zones' of regionally adjacent countries agreeing to common currency and free trade...to reduce/remove these unwanted corrupting influences to a transparent and working economic system...

sam
Ps~when term 'American' used with some major shifty manipulating...it unnecessarily includes the american-common-people the majority of whom suffer like the rest of the world with long hours of daily hard work to pay for average home/utilities/food by low hourly rates while sacrificing other aspects of life...So sub-specific description life american-bush-organization etc so we dont throw the baby with the bath water when time comes to really clean all this crap out...
Posted by Sam said, Wednesday, 17 December 2008 9:04:45 AM
I won't try to comment on the postings individual. I will pick the relevant parts from each post. The relevant links are included in the article to back up my premise. This is a researched article.
It is interesting how a story can be misread in so many ways. Who says I am talking about the demise of Western influence? Is America 'The West?' If so since when did Europe, Australia, New Zealand and the other countries now usually included as 'Western' cease to exist. If there is to be a Western influence the USA must be one amongst equals, not the school yard bully with the biggest stick.
'Survival of the fittest?' That was one line taken from Darwin's 'Origins of the Species' that was distorted into 'social Darwinism' that had, as its base, the premise that if a person was starving in the gutter they where there because they were stupid and ignorant. The theory was that if you helped them they would breed more stupid and ignorant people. These ideas where expanded on by Nieske and others to form the philosophy that led to the Great War and then to Hitler and the Nazis.
It is telling that the American prosecutors used their adherence to Social Darwinism/Nieske philosophies as the basis of the prosecution of the Nazis hierarchy at the war trials at Nuremburg. I hope that America has not gone full circle and nor uses social Darwinism to justify its actions.
Posted by Daviy, Wednesday, 17 December 2008 2:19:20 PM
Find out more about this user Visit this user's webpage Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Great article!
Transparency is needed to get the full picture before any changes can be made. That the whole world economy is based on the murky history of the WWII era. First casualty of War is the truth.
I think the (new) media can help here: the traditional media plays to the script thaty the "elite" lay down. (Iraq war is classic case, the lies were pretty blatant!)
It is also possible, and desirable to critisize the US power elite and crimminal groups (including CIA), without necessarily being "anti US". Most secular Western citizens have more in common with each other then they do with the inhereted wealth clubs and power elites.
Can you write an article on Henry Anslinger please?
Posted by Ozandy, Thursday, 18 December 2008 7:54:52 AM
  1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. 2
  4. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy