The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > Anglicans in Sydney in a time of conflict > Comments

Anglicans in Sydney in a time of conflict : Comments

By Bruce Kaye, published 19/11/2008

World wide Anglicanism is in conflict and Sydney is in the midst of it. What that might mean within the diocese is not yet clear.

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. Page 2
  4. All
I suppose if Jesus had agreed with the clergy of his day, they wouldn't have conspired to kill him?

Suddenly, the last temptation (choice) makes sense: agree with the clergy (receive status) or stand up to them on behalf of the people they oppress?

The rest of the story speaks for itself.
Posted by K£vin, Thursday, 20 November 2008 6:37:00 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
For those who have posted or who think of posting something akin to: Who cares? "Storm in a teacup etc"

Fine, if you didn't care why did you post? Cannot you find some other topic to waste your 5 postings a day on rather than debating a faith that you don't care about and that won't have an effect on your lives?
Posted by Hamlet, Thursday, 20 November 2008 8:11:24 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
I was in Sydney recently and stayed with two sets of Anglican friends.I am an Anglican from another part of Australia. I was appalled not only by the differences in theology and polity, but by the violent methods the Sydney 'orthodox' choose to enforce their views. I salute my friends, clergy who dare to differ from the Sydney mainline, for the courage and good humour it takes them to express an alternate view, whether on the ordination of women or lay people leading the Eucharist. When there is no charity and only vicious attacks, God cannot be. There is no Gospel in the Sydney hard line.
Posted by Ted, Monday, 24 November 2008 5:52:13 PM
Find out more about this user Visit this user's webpage Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. Page 2
  4. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy