The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > Internet dating: instant love or instant disappointment? > Comments

Internet dating: instant love or instant disappointment? : Comments

By Suzan Broadbent, published 3/11/2008

That was fast. In eight days, my mate and his girlfriend 'winked' and were seriously dating. So what constitutes an internet date exactly?

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. Page 2
  4. All
OMG Pericles - you've found religion!
Posted by CJ Morgan, Tuesday, 4 November 2008 9:41:54 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Dear CJ... I would not begrudge you in the slightest for having found your joy via the net. Well done and power to you both.

I think it's probably more of an exception than a rule but not a tiny exception.

As long as people are honest and forthright and don't misportray themselves..and those who persue such relationships follow some common sense guidelines...why worry? I'ts just another method among many.

I guess the topic key words of "Instant" love or dissappointment can refer to that moment when the parties meet up and suddenly realize the pic was verrrrry old :) or.. verrrrry accurate.

cheers and blessings.

Pericles.. good 1
Posted by Polycarp, Tuesday, 4 November 2008 12:33:19 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Polycarp,

There is a danger of meeting someone through church groups. Often in small towns, a young single man will be pressured into dating and then marrying a young lady in the church. About all they often have in common is they both go to church. I have seen this happen, and have seen most of these marriages end in divorce. I had someone try to match me up with a girl years ago. Had that happened I know were we would be now. Thankfully she resisted.

Internet dating is fine, as long as you treat it simply as the first point of contact. I've used internet dating and newspaper contacts. I've met some fine ladies through this, although the relationships have never developed. Some people live lives where there just a\isn't anyone suitable in their social activities.
Posted by Steel Mann, Tuesday, 4 November 2008 3:52:30 PM
Apparently Obama got amazing results using the internet....maybe digital technology has something to say for itself after all!!
Posted by Sofisu, Wednesday, 5 November 2008 5:55:30 AM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. Page 2
  4. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy