The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > Letter-writing professor reluctantly hounded by heaven > Comments

Letter-writing professor reluctantly hounded by heaven : Comments

By Greg Clarke, published 14/10/2008

C.S. Lewis' letters reveal a bruised and open heart that was thoroughly and painfully explored by the God he came, reluctantly, to believe in.

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. Page 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. All
Gibo

<<I will take it as TRUTH, everything that is said in The Word because I have The Holy Spirit (The Comforter) living within me and HE Confirms all scripture as TRUTH...i.e. "All scripture is inspired by God"...2 Timothy 3:16.>>

What the heck do you mean?

<<We have to become born again (John 3:3) to grasp that the Bible is the truth...though some will acccept it without being born again.>>

<<Take Moses. He wasnt there at the Beginning but is Given the task of writing the account of the Beginning later on under The Power of The Holy Spirit. God sits Him down... and The Holy Spirit Moves him to write the account.>>

God sits the writers down... and The Spirit Moves up them to write the accounts.
Thats mighty different than passed down stories.

Why do some rabid Christians write in Gibberish? What's wrong with plain English? Are there any Christians out there who can translate?

I thought I understood what CS Lewis said. Must have got lost in translation.
Posted by Spikey, Tuesday, 14 October 2008 7:10:34 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
"and yet Lewis admired him as much as anyone for his humility, his appreciation of a garden as much as a book, and his warm, accepting demeanour."

I recently read the following epitaph:

"You can never be more closer to God than when you are in a garden".

I kinda understood the sentiment. If there is an Eden in the vastness of space. I'd say it's planet Earth. For how much longer though......?
Posted by K£vin, Tuesday, 14 October 2008 7:50:03 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Hi Spikey.
Yes... its true... the Holy Spirit is all over the earth...right now.

Every single person who willingly receives Jesus Christ as their Lord and Saviour (confesses their sin and invites Him into their lives) receives The Holy Spirit.

The Holy Spirit is Gods Eyes and Hands.

He's EVERYWHERE, looking for those who are open to gettng BORN AGAIN (John 3:3).

In Genesis chapter 1 verse 2 we see The Holy Spirit about to Create. This is The Beginning.

He has been here ever since, though not in all people until the New Testament age (Acts chapter 2) and then only those who are drawn to Jesus to be SAVED (from the final Judgment).

The Holy Spirit does it all... even getting men to write what He wants them to write.
He can plant thoughts into our minds to do good, and we think that the thoughts are ours.

A good description of The Holy Spirit can be found at
http://members.tripod.com/~robertwells/

He's watching both of us now.
Posted by Gibo, Wednesday, 15 October 2008 3:21:48 PM
Hey Gibo

If God is everywhere, why does he let some Ministers of his religion rape small children?

If "He's watching both of us now", shouldn't he have been watching the rapists doing their evil work?
Posted by Spikey, Wednesday, 15 October 2008 5:36:13 PM
Theres a huge spirit war going on Spikey. Not everything gets dealt with at the time or even before it happens.
Check out Lucifer at
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lucifer

Its vast in its size is the conflict and the stakes must be huge for God to Send His Son Jesus to die on the Cross so that we could receive His Sacrifice and live.
What isnt dealt with now...will be later.
Posted by Gibo, Wednesday, 15 October 2008 6:18:45 PM
Spikey,

Even one of Jesus Christ's own disciples betrayed him. Many Christians will tell you that the people who have hurt them most were other Christians.

While I was never sexually abused as a child, when I was a young man I had one of these so-called ministers questioning me on my masturbation habits and what I was thinking about at the time. He was doing this to all the young men and boys in the church. I now wonder what this so-called man of God was up to.

The fact is that this evil is not the work of God, and God should not be blamed for what Man is responsible for. It hasn't stopped me from wanting to serve God.

I don't know if your questions about God are an excuse not to believe or if you are really interested in knowing about God. If it is the latter, you need to read the Bible, most answers are found there.
Posted by Steel Mann, Thursday, 16 October 2008 7:41:09 AM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. Page 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy