The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > Childish religion > Comments

Childish religion : Comments

By Greg Clarke, published 6/10/2008

Is Christianity childish or the most mature thing we’ve got?

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 11
  7. 12
  8. 13
  9. Page 14
  10. All
"Look on my works, ye Mighty, and despair!" - RC

Shelley's powerful poem was largely sourced from an inscription from the Library of Alexandria referring to Rameses II. Ozymandias is a Greek form of, Rameses.

Hacataeus of Abdera recalls;

"I am Rameses, King of Kings. Whoever wishes to know how great I am and where am to be found, let him surpass one of my works."

The daughter library, to the Ramesseum at Thebes, the Serapeum at Alexandria,was destroyed by maniac Christians, in Taliban-type style, shortly after the Council of Nicaea.

Egyptian pharoahs typically had five names including a god's. Unlike the popular literature, the god's name should come first; especially, if written, e.g., Amun Tut Angh. If memory serves, Tut was originally an Aten, but was renamed.
Posted by Oliver, Saturday, 18 October 2008 3:12:17 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
"The only aspects of religion that puzzle me - I can very easily see why some people find it a comfort - is why religious folk put so much emphasis on i) theirs being the "right" one, and ii) insisting that others should share their belief."

Because behaviour is familially and societally reinforced (Skinner) and, observance of the performance is act of indwelling in rites (Polanyi).

As, I think you know, I have commented in several threats on how illogical it is for Sells, to assume one Jesus Christ is a god, a priori, before testing for the existence of a god in the first place. Herein, one should confront the truth/falsehood of the prime construct, prior to the its embellishment with a more refined premiss.
Posted by Oliver, Saturday, 18 October 2008 3:41:04 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 11
  7. 12
  8. 13
  9. Page 14
  10. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy